Real Estate Investing Writer for Small Business Publication - REMOTE OK
- Full Time
Your role in a nutshell:
The Real Estate Investing Writer will be our resident expert in buy-and-hold, fix-and-flip, and other real estate investing strategies. You should have direct experience in at least one form of real estate investing with a good understanding of property management and the concerns of landlords. You’ll also have a great network of people in this industry, like Contractors, Real Estate Agents, Appraisers or Private Lenders… or maybe you are or were one yourself in a past life.
To deliver the best answers to people's questions.
Recently named to the Inc. 500 list of America’s fastest-growing private companies, Fit Small Business has more than 3 million small business owners and managers reading our content each month. We deliver well-researched, authoritative articles so these owners can make informed decisions to grow businesses that fuel the economy. Our founders have built successful businesses before, and FSB is profitable with no outside funding. Part of the team of 150+ people is in our NYC headquarters, near Grand Central. Others are distributed across the U.S., Canada, and the Philippines.
Does this sound like you?
The best candidates will be strong writers, have high attention to detail, and a good understanding of investors’ needs when finding, financing, and managing their real estate investments. You should have a desire to stay on top of all the latest trends and how real estate investors can most effectively take advantage of them. Most importantly, you are passionate about real estate investing and want to share your knowledge in written form with our eager readership.
Qualifications for success:
- You have at least 2 years of relevant experience in the subject matter.
- You are a great researcher and writer.
- You are high energy and passionate about helping small businesses.
- You are comfortable working in a startup environment, where things change quickly.
- You have a strong work ethic.
This position includes:
- Writing in-depth comparison articles of financing options, investing strategies, lead sources and software that supports real estate investors.
- Researching (including interviewing experts) and writing how-to articles about finding and accessing potential investments.
- Updating real estate trends content regularly.
- Providing detailed responses to reader questions.
- Developing infographics and visuals to support written content.
- Building online tools like worksheets and templates.
- Providing in-depth responses to reader questions on real estate investing.
Tools We Use:
Wordpress, Insightly, G Suite, Slack, Trello, Guru
*It's ok if you have not used these, just be excited to learn them.
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary dependent on experience
- Quality health insurance subsidized by FSB
- 401K plan with matching (no waiting period)
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Commuter Benefits
- An open-minded, collaborative workplace, which will both challenge you and celebrate your work
- The opportunity to grow
- A chance to learn with and from interesting and enthusiastic colleagues
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.