Digital Video Producer
- Full Time
Cox Media Group in Atlanta, GA is looking for a digital video editor who can write, edit and produce video pieces and digital graphics for CMG’s more than 75 various websites and social media platforms.
The digital producer will work with the National Content Desk video and editorial teams to find, create, and publish original content. Content creation will include producing and editing video and some writing for digital platforms. He/She may be called upon to find, repurpose and edit video and editorial content from CMG properties and other content partners. He/She will also coordinate closely with other local TV, radio and newspaper newsrooms under the guidance of the Social and Video Managing Editor and the Senior Director of Digital Audience.
He/She should have a strong news sense and be able to make journalistically sound content decision based on available metrics and trending data. The candidate should have a strong understanding of Facebook, Twitter and social media platforms. The editor may also be asked to seek out and contribute original story ideas.
This position will require weekend work (W-Sun).
• Experience with digital production
• Proficient with non-linear video editing software
• Knowledge of best practices with writing engaging content
• Excellent communications skills with team members, technical partners and management
• Proficient in writing TV-style broadcast scripts to create original digital video content
• Experience using social media in a news environment
• General knowledge of best practices when posting to Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms
• Excellent understanding of social media usage rights
• Strong news judgment and ability to enterprise and/or execute visually compelling journalism content
• High degree of proficiency in creating the right visual element to deliver high-quality, newsy, reader-focused content
• Shows ability to manage technical work with rigor and accuracy
• Demonstrates ability to find and develop nationally trending content
• Displays positive attitude, resourcefulness and strong collaboration skills in working with colleagues
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
• 2-4 years of experience working in a television newsroom
• Proficient with Adobe Photoshop, After Effects
• Firm grasp on emerging trends in social media, web technology and web services
• Knowledge of media industry business and content management processes
• Experience with digital compositing
• Ability to shoot video
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.