- Full Time
WLWT, the Hearst Television owned NBC affiliate, is searching for a versatile Morning Traffic and Breaking News Anchor. This position calls for a good storyteller who has excellent on-air presence and communication skills. WLWT News 5 Today is the most watched morning show in Cincinnati. We need someone on our team who is skillful at covering breaking news in the studio and getting our viewers to work on time. This position involves a commanding presence on-air, but also on social media. The right candidate should be an accurate, ethical, compelling storyteller with a team attitude.
- Prepare morning traffic report graphics.
- News gather for traffic reports.
- Provide clear and concise live traffic reports for morning show and evening shows.
- Research and report up-to-the-minute traffic conditions.
- Communicate that information to the show producers and show anchors in a timely manner.
- Make sure that corresponding graphics, video and live shots are used appropriately.
- Communicate morning traffic information to viewers via digital platforms including our station website, mobile app, and social media pages.
- Cover breaking news in the studio and in the field.
- Gather information for stories and live reports for newscasts.
- Develop sources and generate ideas.
- Knowledge and experience with the station’s traffic system.
- Must be a self-starter and able to ad lib in breaking news situations.
- Have excellent computer and social media skills.
- Must be familiar with street and highway names and directions.
- Must be energetic and creative and work well with others.
- Must work quickly and efficiently.
- Excellent writing and packaging skills.
- Can deal with the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive newscast production.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Broadcast Journalism or equivalent work experience.
- Looking for 1-2 years of experience as journalist and storyteller at a commercial television station.
- Military training and experience will be considered