Senior Editorial Manager – Content Commerce
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
NBCUniversal’s Content Innovation Agency is seeking a Senior Editorial manager to create digital experiences at the intersection of content and commerce, while focusing on storytelling and the customer experience to drive sales, revenue, and engagement. They produce content for a range of platforms and experiences including home pages, emails, landing pages, custom branded content, with an emphasis on both story-telling and e-commerce best practices. Demonstrated ability to shepherd content from strategy through execution on deadline is crucial. They are an arbiter of brand voice and tone guidelines. This position reports into the Executive Producer, Content Commerce.
Day-to-day maintenance and implementation of voice and tone of content across platformsStrategic planning of copy, voice, tone guidelines as new verticals are launchedIdeation of content pitches based on data, custom content brand goals, engagement, and editorial relevance.Works closely with web merchandising team to track identify and track product for storiesWrites articles, email copy, special packages as assignedAssigns freelance writers as neededTop Edits freelance articlesProduces and builds content in the CMSPrograms content promotional areas of the sitePartners with cross-department stakeholders including content, merchandising, business development, brand partnerships, social, marketing, and product development on brand-wide initiatives.
• 7+ years digital content experience
• Writing, reporting, editing portfolio with strong lifestyle content focus
• Demonstrated ability covering many lifestyle categories
• Ability to work directly in a CMS
• Strong knowledge of web/mobile standards
• Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Strong understanding of digital metrics and the ability to analyze and respond to audience data
• Flexible and entrepreneurial nature to work in a start-up environment
• Ability to communicate creative solutions
• Ability to travel and work on weekends as required by ongoing projects
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.