Director, Sales Operations & Reporting
- Full Time
The Director – MDU Sales Ops & Reporting provides operational support, key analysis & insights to the entire MDU sales organization which include, but is not limited to: MDU Strategy, MDU Sales and MDU Sales leadership.
This individual is responsible for overseeing a team focused on operational support to MDU sales strategy, development of reporting & analytics, tools & technology, and providing customer fulfillment & support. Additional responsibilities include: managing MDU LRP Opex budgets, assist in target setting, 4DX, and results of any MDU incentives or contests. This team also develops, gains alignment on, and implements operational tool & reporting changes needed to support key initiatives & strategy of the MDU organization. The team partners across our Bus Ops, Product, BI/Technology, Digital, Construction, Engineering, Marketing, etc. departments to support MDU strategy & key initiatives in our rapidly changing environment.
This person is responsible for creating an environment that stimulates an enthusiastic, innovative and highly motivated team focused on continuous improvement to our MDU sales team. This position is also responsible for selecting, training, and monitoring the performance of team members toward the successful accomplishment of company-wide sales and revenue goals.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Strategic, bold leader that demonstrates excellence in all aspects of MDU Sales Operations: Reporting & Analytics, Tools & Technology & Customer Fulfillment and Support
- Works with internal business partners to ensure objectives, business case, key performance metrics & KPIs are met or exceeded for the MDU Sales Organization.
- Provides input and recommendations regarding strategic business or sales initiatives to drive MDU sales performance and production.
- Participates in the development of annual operating MDU budgets and re-forecasts as necessary.
- Ensures MDU Strategy & MDU Sales support needs are met
- Operationalize/Launch MDU Tools & Reporting to meet evolving business needs
- Provides all post contract customer fulfillment/support to MDU Sales Org
- Provides operational support on Special Project/Key Initiatives
- Provides strategic functional leadership as well as strong people leadership across multiple functions and geographies
- Identifies corporate and cross-departmental tools, processes, and needs to push the MDU strategy forward.
- Reviews, develops, & reads out on results, metrics, and initiatives that drive targeted effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Participates in industry conferences to maintain a deep knowledge and network in the MDU Sales Operations, Tools & Technology field
- Manages team of MDU operational sales professionals
- 10 or more years of experience required in related field (i.e. Sales, MDU, Operations Leadership, etc.)
- Strategic mindset with operational experience and expertise
- Strong analytical skills; demonstrated ability to tell story at senior levels
- Creative and solution oriented strategic thinker
- Requires strong knowledge of tools and/or applications such Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce & Tableau (MDU specific tools)
- Effective internal consulting skills along with the ability to positively influence others in a desired direction to achieve identified outcomes without direct lines of authority
- Ability to understand and adjust to changing priorities, circumstances, direction, and personal styles
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
- Must operate under the highest degree of accuracy, business ethics, and integrity
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of time and comfort working with direct reports & peer groups remotely
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 5 or more years of experience in a management role preferred
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.