Manager, Consumer and Trade Public Relations
- Full Time
The Manager, Consumer and Trade Public Relations, sits within the Integrated Marketing team reporting to the Director, Consumer and Trade Public Relations. This position is responsible for supporting a variety of communications and media relations initiatives (consumer and trade) with the goal of promoting the USA as a premier travel destination through international consumer media coverage.
The Manager, Consumer and Trade Public Relations will focus on innovation around how we engage traditional media and must understand the intersection between public relations and social media within the digital media landscape, as the communications function is strategically critical to building on the company's success in a fast-changing, highly competitive global media landscape. The role has strong cross-functional interaction with teams both within Brand USA (including the marketing and corporate communications departments) and our agency partners in Asia, Europe, Australia, and Latin America.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage day-to-day program activity of Brand USA’s public relations teams in Asia, Europe, Australia, and Latin America.
- Work with international PR teams to develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Act as a liaison for international public relations efforts with Brand USA HQ.
- Coordinate internal resources, international PR teams, and/or vendors for flawless execution of projects.
- Work closely with the integrated Consumer Marketing Team, Global Trade Team, and international PR teams on media missions and events, consumer campaign launches, localized media content, press visits, digital and traditional earned influencer programs.
- Manage media relations activities for major travel shows and in-market events.
- Support curation and management of global editorial calendar and work with in-market PR reps to maintain localized content.
- Drive storytelling and travel themes about visiting the USA.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
- General office duties which may include writing reports, marketing briefs and presentations, as well as drafting talking points and quotes.
- Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency.
In close collaboration with the consumer, trade, partner, and corporate communications teams, the Manager, Consumer and Trade Public Relations will:
- Have proven working experience in project management.
- Liaise with internal teams, destination partners, and agencies, about budgets, timelines and objectives.
- Proven ability to collaborate with internal partners in development of actionable strategy.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Excellent writing and editing skills paired with a strong creative sensibility and strategic mindset.
- Possess the ability to identify, nurture, and help refine compelling creative ideas and concepts that translate to media.
- Experience writing strategic briefs and understand what to do with genuine insight.
- Be a nimble and creative problem-solver.
- Be able to write and produce presentations and press releases, messaging points, quotes, briefing books, and/or reports.
- Help organize promotional events such as press, experiential, influencer and other consumer-facing initiatives.
- Deal with enquiries from the public, the press, and related organizations.
- Digital and social media savvy.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, experience with Cision a plus.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- At least 4 years’ relevant experience working in a communications, marketing/advertising environment
- The successful candidate will have experience in corporate and/or agency settings (agency experience is a plus)
- Demonstrated public relations experience
- Excellent project management skills
- Of particular interest are candidates with backgrounds in travel, entertainment or lifestyle brands who are used to working in a fast-paced environment that requires agility, selflessness and intense focus
- Experience working in international markets a plus
- Additional languages are a plus
- Attention to detail and precision in communications (written and verbal)
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to manage diverse relationships across various departments and levels of the organization, as well as external stakeholders
- Strong customer service orientation and an overall curiosity about and passion for improvement
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated, with the ability to lead projects proactively
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong and productive agency relationships
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, marketing, hospitality, or tourism or equivalent work experience
- Fast paced, professional office environment with moderate noise levels
- Must be able to use a computer at a work station for long periods of time and to accommodate potentially frequent interruptions
- Moderate travel on a regular basis (domestically and internationally) may be required