About The Role:
Dotdash is seeking an editorial assistant to help us take our health brand, Verywell, and our content to the next level. We are looking for a digitally savvy content enthusiast with a passion for all things health and wellness. The Editorial Assistant will work with the Verywell content team to improve editorial content and user experience to ultimately grow traffic, audience engagement, and revenue.
About Your Responsibilities:
- Review and copy edit articles to ensure best practices are being met.
- Assess articles and write creative briefs for visual assets like illustrations and infographics.
- Work with the team on projects with the goal of improving content quality, such as reformatting content or building relevant creative assets.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams from design to video to add elements that will enhance text content and help better answer readers’ questions.
About Your Qualifications:
- Proactive, flexible team player with a sense of humor, able to roll with the punches and take ownership in a fluid and fast-moving environment
- 1-2 years experience in a related role or internship
- Operating experience with content management systems and web analytics tools
- Detail oriented, deadline focused, creative, and eager to learn.
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in journalism or communications a major plus
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.