Assistant Media Planner
- Full Time
We are a fully integrated direct response media agency seeking a candidate to be responsible for assisting in the media planning across both offline and digital channels. If you like numbers, charts, negotiating packages and seeing how your work turns into revenue for clients, then we’d like to meet you.
The Assistant Media Planner’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, assisting in the development, implementation, and monitoring of the media plan:
- Facilitate gathering and organization of media rate and research information
- Maintaining contact with media sales representatives
- Evaluate returned RFPs and determine vehicle selections with Planners
- Develop the final buy recommendation and buy summary with Planners
- Facilitate the approval process of media plans through invoicing and reconciliation of media campaigns
- Enter buy details into purchase system generating insertion orders across channel
- Monitor campaign media results, compiling results data, and updating reports on an ongoing basis
- Update schedules and flowcharts
- Develop weekly competitive analyses
- Remain up-to-date on Client/Competition/Agency/Industry business through trade publications, newspaper articles, textbooks, literature, e-newsletters and other sources.
- Assisting in new business opportunities as needed; demographic research pulls/charting, company/industry research, marketplace conditions, competitive spending, etc.
- Assist Founder/CEO with calendar management, travel and personal tasks.
- Bachelor degree in advertising, marketing or related program
- Possess up-to-date knowledge of media marketplace with some digital knowledge/exposure
- Clear understanding of media planning and buying process
- Excellent mathematical skills: can understand and evaluate budget/results data effectively, must be comfortable with numbers
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Strong mathematic and analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Research/Accounting Systems a plus
- Working knowledge of online research tools
- Effective time management and organizational skills, as well as strong attention to detail
- The ability to work well with a team and also work independently
- Ability to understand client objectives and how they translate into media strategies
- Able to manage day-to-day program execution
- Solid understanding of media performance metrics
- Excellent listening and organizational skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills