- Full Time
B2C Sales is the direct selling arm of the tech, games, music, and knowledge portfolio. These brands like Tom’s Guide, TechRadar, Laptop Magazine, GamesRadar, Tom’s Hardware, Space, Live Science, and more deliver quality, enthusiast content daily to tens of millions of visitors worldwide. Direct sellers monetize these sites as well as several magazine brands, video, custom content, and offline events at major shows like Comic Con, SXSW, CES, E3, and more.
Job Summary & Purpose
This role will focus on specific brands that Future publishes as well as new categories to supplement the sales efforts of the teams focused on Games, Tech, Music, and Knowledge. Successful candidates will have a strong desire to learn, have basic account management skills, and knowledge of some of the many types of advertising Future offers including display, programmatic, print, custom content, and experiential. This is a fabulous opportunity for someone looking to join a fast growing, innovative, and dynamic media organization.
Key role responsibilities
- Develop and close new ad agency and direct company leads based on a focused brand approach provided by the SVP, Sales.
- Schedule and conduct phone calls and meetings with ad agency and company decision-makers for assigned accounts/vertical.
- Identify and connect with potential clients and leads.
- Communicate the value of Future US by walking through detailed presentations.
- Execute on a strategic plan to achieve revenue goals.
- Hit monthly and quarterly revenue targets.
- Prepare brand-specific proposals to proactively win new business.
- Understand competitive differentiators in fast-changing advertising landscape.
- Work with team to help share customer insights to shape our products.
Essential skills and experience
- 1-2 years of related work experience in the media industry with client facing experience.
- Knowledge of online advertising, terms, sales process, and sales flow.
- Solid experience in MS Office/Google Docs including spreadsheets and pitch decks/presentations.
- Outstanding troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving abilities, along with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to forge relationships with clients, understand their objectives and recommend the best strategies.
- Effective time management skills – ability to prioritize and meet deadlines while working independently.