2 days left
- Full Time
The Health section at U.S. News & World Report (http://health.usnews.com/) is seeking an experienced, full-time editor based in our Washington, D.C., office.
This position will be responsible for editing consumer-focused content on a range of health topics, including conditions such as cancer, diabetes, arthritis and heart disease. The role includes coordinating with freelance writers and using a variety of tools to make sure pieces are optimized for SEO.
Desired Skills and Experience
- In-depth knowledge of often-complex health topics, plus ability to analyze and interpret medical studies.
- Proven editing and fact-checking skills, ideally in an online journalism environment.
- Experience developing and maintaining relationships with freelancers.
- Ability to multitask and work on deadlines in a fast-paced journalism environment.
- Close attention to details, and exceptional communication and organizational skills.
- Interest in U.S. News's rankings projects, such as Best Hospitals and Best Diets.
- Solid understanding of how to optimize content for search engines.
- Familiarity with content management systems.
- College degree or equivalent.
Applicants must provide a resume and cover letter.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and 401(k) plans.