SEO Specialist – Performance Brands & Partners
- Full Time
Leaf Group is looking for a driven SEO Specialist to help us grow our diverse portfolio of websites. Our department 1.6 billion visits per year.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for a SEO Specialist grows with us.
Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach passionate audiences in large and growing lifestyle categories. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of art, design and technology. We want people with an intense curiosity, a commitment to high quality service, who embrace the fun of the journey. Come help us disrupt and transform the digital media and art world!
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We encourage all of our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally so they can assume greater responsibilities and advance their careers within the department or within one of our operating businesses. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
The ideal candidate should be a proven self-starter who has a strong understanding and passion for all aspects of SEO: best practices, research, marketing, and industry trends. This role will help inform content creation & product optimization across our websites. As a member of a multi-disciplinary team, you will be responsible for taking initiative and contributing to the growth of our websites from our Santa Monica, CA office.
You’ll Report To:Sr. Manager, SEO & Analytics
A typical day as a SEO Specialist might include:
- Manage the traffic performance for the following domains: sciencing.com, synonym.com, theclassroom.com, antonym.com, penandthepad.com
- Identify new SEO growth opportunities via content gap analysis, keyword opportunities, competitive audits, site infrastructure / product improvements and ongoing analysis
- Structure content for topical authority by focusing on targeted keywords and internal/external linking
- Optimize sites for mobile & desktop search, video search, and image search
- Migrating content between domains with minimal complications
- Work closely with editorial team to develop keyword-targeted content
- Monitor, identify, and troubleshoot issues that negatively impact SEO performance such as search algorithm updates and recommend a course of action
- Identify upcoming trends and coordinate a strategy for how to best position our websites for the changing organic landscape
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage deadlines in a quick moving work environment while maintaining a positive attitude and enthusiasm for driving results
What You Have:
- 2-3 years of experience in publishing SEO experience
- Self-Starter - You know what to do, get your hands dirty, dive into the details, and get it done
- Analytical - You can navigate through data with ease, asking the right questions, and uncovering insights that will guide us to new opportunities. Must be experienced in manipulating large datasets in Excel.
- Tenacious - You drive projects to completion, despite hurdles, dependencies, uncertainties, or a lack of resources
- Compelling Influencer – You have great communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to align a diverse group of stakeholders towards a common goal.
- Strategic Thinker – You thrive when developing long-term strategy in addition to delivering tactical execution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large.
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
Nice to Have:
- Interest in applying machine learning principles to SEO
- Experience with Experience with BigQuery, and Jupyter
- Google Analytics Certified
What We Have:
- Leaf Group is Built In LA's 2019 Best Companies to Work for in Los Angeles
- Leaf Group is Comparably's 2018 Best Company Los Angeles Award and 2017 Best Company for Diversity Award
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Cool office environment and culture
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.