Associate Market Research Analyst
- Full Time
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (HMH) is seeking an Associate Market Research Analyst to join the Market Intelligence and Research Team.
The Associate Market Research Analyst supports the Market Research Manager and Analysts team with project support tasks, including: survey programming and QA, incentive fulfillment, recruitment, and other project executional logistics. The Associate Market Research Analyst will also participate in ongoing tasks and occasional process improvement projects to support and improve departmental efficiency and effectiveness.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Manage an online educator panel: Has sole responsibility for managing an online educator panel, which will be used to gather key data and insights. Example online panel management tasks include:
- Ongoing recruitment of educators for the panel
- Panel incentive administration
- Communicating with panel members
- Research Project Support: Support Market Research Analysts and Manager with execution of primary market research projects. Example tasks may include:
- Recruitment support (screening calls, interview scheduling, email confirmations)
- Proofing, Programming, and Testing online surveys
- Pulling data from completed surveys for Analysts
- Coding open ended responses
- General Departmental Support: Participates in various ongoing tasks and occasional “side” projects to support and improve departmental efficiency and effectiveness. Example tasks may include:
- Gather competitive intelligence using secondary research sources
- Compile daily industry news reports
Skills and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 1-2 years professional experience in a corporate setting; project management experience desired; market research experience a plus.
- Strong attention to detail a must
- Fluency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PPT)
- Experience designing, programming, analyzing primary market research instruments a plus (e.g. surveys, discussion guides, interview questionnaires, etc.) (either professional or academic experience)
- Experience with market research software (survey management, statistical analysis) a plus (e.g. Qualtrics, Decipher, ConfirmIt, SPSS) (either professional or academic experience)