Manager of Marketing Account Management
- Full Time
Account management sits at the intersection of marketing strategy and creativity. Account people not only have to appreciate great creative, they need to champion it. The "quarterbacks" of HMH’s in-house agency, Account Managers ensure that their campaign efforts are delivered on time and on budget, while creating innovative work that drives brand awareness, leads, and revenue for your account’s business.
- Participate in the account planning process to gain insight into Professional Services account/client objectives, strategy, and plans. Knowledge of upcoming marketing campaigns and programs allows the department to anticipate demands, project resource needs, and prioritize work.
- Oversee project management efforts for dedicated Professional Services campaigns: building out creative calendars, routing and reviewing efforts along the campaign, ensuring all efforts are on-track, discussing roadblocks, and presenting new work.
- Develop and review creative briefs on par with agency and client/product marketing standards for all projects that have an existing campaign strategy.
- Partners with the design team to deliver innovative, high quality work on strategy and within budget and timing parameters. Offers some copywriting and copyediting support for minor efforts, once messaging is finalized.
- Manages and mentors a small team of Associate Marketing Account Managers and Marketing Account Managers, reviewing new projects submitted by clients, assigning creative projects to team members, and ensuring that all projects meet deadlines and creative expectations. The People Manager role is a very important one at HMH. People Managers at HMH enable and empower people to do their best work in an environment that encourages collaboration and innovation and fosters development and learning. They translate the company's strategic vision, align their group's work, and help individuals understand their impact on HMH's success. They assess their direct reports' performance and partner on career planning. They are collaborators and catalysts, breaking down complex problems into simple solutions and leading through change.
- Builds and maintains a solid relationship with Professional Services product marketing clients and leadership to prioritize projects and make recommendations with the intent of building client business or meeting deadlines.
Education & Experience
Marketing experience required
5+ years of Project Management experience required
2+ years of Account Management experience preferred
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong time-management and project management skills: ability to multi-task, manage multiple timelines and work across functions.
- High attention to detail
- Strong client-service orientation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong decision making skills: find solutions quickly and with confidence
- Comfortable being a change agent to elevate the status quo.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of the Workfront system a plus.