- Full Time
As a Senior Designer for HMH’s new in-house creative agency, you’ll act as a visual storyteller, helping to market new campaigns and programs. As a Senior Designer, you’re expected to meet the HMH brand aesthetics, employ strong typography, design, and composition skills.
- Conceive of, design, and produce a compelling marketing campaigns to strengthen campaign messaging, draw the reader into the content and distinguish HMH from its competitors.
- Ensure your creative exemplifies best in class innovative, conceptually driven, and cohesive design while meeting creative brief requirements, carefully selecting font, photography, and design layout.
- Participate in campaign and execution kick-offs and clearly present work during creative pitch meetings, providing an insightful point of view and rationale.
- Create (and refers to) style guides for campaigns, translating intent into a brand identity system and ensuring that design/production colleagues have the guidelines necessary to work on other efforts along a given campaign.
- Display strong knowledge of the design of existing campaigns (including branding, photography, typography, etc) in order to leverage that creative for efforts along a campaign and don’t overlap key branding elements across various campaigns.
- Works on numerous projects at a given time, staying on top of deadlines and proactively communicating any challenges to both account managers and Design Managers.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of experience in graphic design. Experience designing for B2B solutions (education publishing industry preferred)
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator; willingness and ability to create an elegant, designed “feel” in programs such as PPT and Word that were not written primarily as design vehicles
- Proven track record in developing compelling creative work for complex clients and businesses
- Experience developing strong client relationships
Speed and agility; ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure, developing creative design within tight deadlines
Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
Expertise in digital channels and marketing is a plus
Experience with 3D modeling is a plus
Experiene with user experience (UX) is a plus