- Full Time
Responsible for supporting the growth, profitability and financial return of the company’s assigned product portfolio through innovation and consumer insight. Contribute to building a profitable product portfolio that aligns with product and brand strategies, company objectives, and consumer needs. Provide project leadership on semi-complex product development projects, from concept to delivery, to a cross functional team through the product development process.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify and develop new products delivering against unmet consumer needs and increase consumer satisfaction.
- Lead semi-complex product development projects; deliver high quality products through innovation.
- Conduct consumer research to refine product and/or brand categories to best meet consumer needs.
- Continuously refresh the assigned portfolio of products; ensure products align with consumer needs; ensure products meet brand and style guidelines.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams through the product development process; coordinate with multiple departments (i.e., sourcing, operations, engineering, and materials).
- Ensure a well-rounded product development process is utilized to include consideration for environmental, regulatory, competitor products, consumer trends, and unmet consumer needs.
- Collaborate with marketing in support of new product introductions; prepare product for commercial retail to include the development of packaging, artwork, promotional campaigns, and sales materials.
- Manage target consumer mix to maximize sales and optimize profits.
- Ensure product development, manufacturing, and fulfillment is cost efficient.
- Develop, monitor, and maintain accountability for all project plans to include timetables, deliverables, and budgets.
- Develop and execute product strategies that are aligned with the brand and product segment; continuously analyze Point of Sale (POS), sales data, and financial margins against forecast and modify strategy accordingly to maximize product Return on Investment (ROI).
- Manage the product lifecycle for one or more products, or brand categories; to include SKU rationalization and E&O disposition.
- Keep a current and up-to-date knowledge of industry and consumer trends; develop and maintain a strong partnership with sales team(s) and distribution channels.
- Other duties as deemed necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field.
- Two (2) years of marketing and/or product experience within the consumer products industry.
Licensure / Certification(s):
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of product development/management and branding.
- Knowledge of consumer research methodologies.
- Knowledge of marketing concepts, strategies and standard practices.
- Knowledge of the product development lifecycle from concept to Point of Sale.
- Proficiency using a Personal Computer (PC) to include Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, and Outlook.
- Proficiency using product development software (i.e., Stage Gate).
- Strong project management skills and the ability to coordinate the work of multiple teams.
- Leadership skills and the ability to drive engagement of others towards a common goal.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to derive solutions through analysis.
- Analytical skills and the ability to be detail oriented.
- Financial and budgetary management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate in English.
- Ability to use and understand the business acumen within the consumer products industry.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness.
Normal Office Environment with up to 25% Domestic and International Travel.
For employment within the United States, Lamplight Farms Incorporate, a division of the W.C. Bradley Co., uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired team members. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit the U.S. Citizen and Immigration Service at www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
Lamplight Farms Incorporated, like all divisions of the W.C. Bradley Co.
is an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Discrimination and all unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment) in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, or veteran status. We support and obey laws that prohibit discrimination where we do business.
Federal law requires Lamplight Farms Incorporated, like all divisions of the W.C. Bradley Co. to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. If you are interested in applying for employment with Lamplight Farms Incorporated and require special assistance or accommodation to complete any part of the application and pre-employment process, please contact our Human Resources Office at 262.790.8616 or visit us at W140N4900 Lilly Rd, Menomonee Falls, WI 53051.
Nearest Major Market: Waukesha
Nearest Secondary Market: Milwaukee
Job Segment: Law, Engineer, Artist, Product Development, Marketing, Legal, Engineering, Creative, Research