3 days left
- Full Time
ELECTRICAL CONTRACTOR magazine, an award-winning business-to-business trade publication, seeks an associate editor to assist in the production of its monthly magazine, website, e-newsletters and more. The ideal candidate would be an excellent copy editor and writer and would have knowledge of magazine publishing procedures.
The associate editor will be responsible for the following:
- Copy edit editorial products, such as news articles, columns and feature stories, for both print and digital platforms, as well as various promotional materials and special projects.
- Administrate, edit, design and produce a section of the print issue highlighting new products, such as tools, equipment and other manufacturer products related to electrical construction.
- Support a team of editors, writers and marketing staff in the production of each monthly issue of ELECTRICAL CONTRACTOR; daily updates to the magazine’s website, www.ecmag.com; weekly e-newsletters; and more.
- Maintain, grow and post regular content to ELECTRICAL CONTRACTOR’s social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube).
- Write original copy when needed for news stories; adapt press releases into web-exclusive or newsletter content.
- Other editorial, administrative and organizational tasks
The ideal candidate will be an independent self-starter with great time-management skills and will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, English or other applicable field
- Effective copyediting, proofreading and writing skills
- Knowledge of and experience with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop as well as Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of and experience with the AP Stylebook
- Knowledge of and experience with social media, writing for the web, and SEO
- Familiarity with web content management systems, including Drupal
- Strong organizational, multitasking and interpersonal communication skills
About this publication
ELECTRICAL CONTRACTOR is published by the National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA), has a subscriber base of 80,000, and prints a monthly folio of 100 pages. It is the most well-known and respected publication in the electrical construction industry. Employment includes a competitive salary and benefits package with a generous 401k plan, great health insurance, commuting assistance and on-site fitness center. The office is located near the Bethesda Metro Center station in Bethesda, Md.
If interested, please send your resume and cover letter.
Apply for Associate Editor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly