1 day left
- Full Time
The D.C. Bar has an opening for a Marketing Manager (MM). The MM will provide support and guidance to Bar departments in the planning and execution of marketing campaigns that result in increased awareness, revenue, and utilization of the Bar’s programs and services. This position is responsible for developing, analyzing, and reporting on marketing metrics. The MM reports to the Director of Communications & Marketing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises and provides coaching and mentoring to direct reports.
- Serves as primary point of contact for Bar departments to develop integrated marketing programs to advance the strategic plan. Provides specific marketing expertise to the Bar’s departments to improve the effectiveness of current marketing initiatives and to identify new ways of increasing program awareness and growth.
- Coordinates with D.C. Bar Broadcast Studio Team to market studio and raise awareness of this new Bar endeavor.
- Works in collaboration with the Communications Team on marketing requests made by the Bar’s internal departments including: determining priority of responses to requests, researching information on each request, and preparing overall marketing plans for requesting departments.
- Develops yearly marketing plans in collaboration with internal departments.
- Plans and executes marketing initiatives to achieve maximum effectiveness. Makes recommendations to increase program awareness and growth.
- Oversees and executes the digital email marketing strategy and content planning.
- Creates a Bar-wide marketing reporting function that tracks, measures, and analyzes performance.
- Maintains an ongoing program of market research to ensure that the Bar’s strategy and marketing campaigns are effective. Oversees market analysis and best practice initiatives.
- Contributes content to weekly and monthly meetings and to the Bar events calendar.
- Sets goals for advertising sales for print, digital, and sponsorship to ensure targets are met.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS from an accredited college or university in Marketing, Public Relations, or related field and four years of relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated experience leading, supervising, developing, and coaching a team.
- Knowledge of market research strategies and techniques as well as the use of bench marking to measure effectiveness of marketing efforts.
- Proficiency in the effective use of social media platforms in a business or association setting, including but not limited to Real Magnet, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, be detail oriented and deadline driven, and able to work well under pressure.
- Must work well in a team environment and able to interact with Bar members, volunteers, vendors, the public, and staff.
- Must be able to set and manage multiple priorities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to handle and maintain the confidentiality of highly sensitive information.
Under the Bar’s compensation structure, this is an exempt position. Salary is commensurate with experience. The Bar has an excellent benefits package.
This is not an attempt to list all essential functions of this position. It is recognized that job duties may change over time, based on the Bar’s needs.
The District of Columbia Bar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.