About Your Role
As a Dotdash Content Updater for Verywell, you will revise and augment existing articles to elevate the content quality and user experience. The hourly rate will depend on your experience level. The successful candidate must provide access to clips that demonstrate their expertise with relevant subject matter. This is a remote position, but applicants must live within the U.S.
We need content updaters who have at least three years of expertise writing about some the following topics:
- Diseases and medical conditions (cancer, hepatitis, diabetes, high blood pressure, etc.)
- Medical Specialties (such as pediatrics, dentistry, dermatology)
- Mental Health
- General Fitness
- Pregnancy/Birth Control
- Substance Abuse, including tobacco and alcohol addiction
Expertise in more than one area is a plus. Special consideration will be given to candidates with medical certificates or degrees. For nutrition, we prefer candidates with credentials.
About Your Contributions
- Assess how much revision or updating an article needs
- Assess whether an article is too outdated or poorly composed to salvage
- Perform the revisions or updates
- Fact check the content
- Copyedit any content that needs little or no revision
- Must be comfortable working in a content management system and able to work quickly, independently and accurately
- Commit to a minimum of 20 hours weekly
- Must be comfortable working remotely
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, Byrdie, MyDomaine, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.