Communications & PR (Temporary)
2 days left
Dedicated to achieving better health through laboratory medicine, AACC brings together more than 50,000 clinical laboratory professionals, physicians, research scientists, and business leaders from around the world focused on clinical chemistry, molecular diagnostics, mass spectrometry, translational medicine, lab management, and other areas of progressing laboratory science. Since 1948, AACC has worked to advance the common interests of the field, providing programs that advance scientific collaboration, knowledge, expertise, and innovation.
This Communications & PR temp position has a duration of approximately 2.5 months from late May through early August 2019. It is an excellent opportunity for a student (undergraduate or graduate) or recent grad who is interested in gaining experience in health and science communications.
Working closely with staff in AACC’s Communications & PR department, the temp will assist with press outreach and social media campaigns for the 71st AACC Annual Scientific Meeting & Clinical Lab Expo, the world’s leading event for laboratory medicine. The temp will also contribute content to AACC’s website, aacc.org; annual scientific meeting publication, CLN Daily; and award-winning monthly news magazine, Clinical Laboratory News, all of which are valued sources of information for the lab medicine community.
· Draft press releases for annual scientific meeting outreach, articles for the CLN Daily, and short items for Clinical Laboratory News on diagnostic industry and regulatory news.
· Draft updates and select high quality images for aacc.org landing pages.
· For social media (Twitter, Facebook), draft posts and design creative visual content with PowerPoint and other software.
· Use a website content management system to upload HTML files and images to aacc.org and the annual scientific meeting digital press room.
· Build and maintain media lists.
· Research various topics in the field of laboratory medicine and healthcare for press and social media outreach.
· Compile social media statistics (e.g. followers, likes, etc.) to measure the success of campaigns.
· Analyze content patterns on AACC’s members-only online community, the Artery, in addition to compiling statistics about the Artery.
· Provide administrative and any other support as needed.
Open to an individual who is pursuing or has just completed a Bachelor’s or graduate degree in communications, journalism, science writing, biology, or a related subject.
Candidate must have excellent writing, oral communication, research, and organization skills. Candidate must also be detail oriented, flexible, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
Experience writing about science and familiarity with healthcare and/or biology, research organizations, or the clinical laboratory field a plus.
Please send a resume, 3 writing samples, a list of 3 references, and a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and stating your date of availability.
Apply for Communications & PR (Temporary)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly