Weather Anchor Telemundo Utah
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
• Tell the market’s weather stories in a way that connects and informs viewers.
• Develop innovative and creative ways of presenting the daily weather story, with an emphasis on accuracy and integrity of data.
• Produce weather graphics and analyze data from the National Weather Service as well as other meteorological sources.
• Work with the producers and news team to create complete coverage of weather. Also prepare and post forecasts for multiple platforms.
• Some live reporting and attendance at community and weather-related events will be required.
• Use of social media daily and especially during severe events.
• 1-2 years experience as a television presenter.
• Degree in meteorology preferred or commitment to obtain the degree within a contractual time period
• Spanish-fluent (spoken and written)
• External applicants must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must have the ability to work flexible and sometimes long hours.
•Ability to work nights and weekends for coverage of weather events.
•Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
•Must be willing to work in Salt Lake City, UT
•Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
•Must be 18 years or older
•Must have a valid driver’s license
•Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples -- if available, include a web address when you submit your resume (if applicable)
• Passion to be a part of a major weather event, no matter when it happens.
• BS degree in meteorology preferred (Or commitment to obtain the degree).
• Compelling on-air presence - crisp, clear, and confident delivery in Spanish
• Should thrive working under the intense deadline pressure of television weather.
• Technologically savvy with strong computer skills (working knowledge of WSI system preferred.)
• Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills in Spanish.
• Strong leadership qualities and self-motivation.
• Understanding of the demands of an on-air HD environment
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
About Telemundo Station Group:
Telemundo Station Group, part of the NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations division of NBCUniversal, is comprised of 26 local television stations in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Producing and broadcasting more than 15,000 hours of unique and relevant local content each year, including award-winning news, public affairs, and entertainment programming, Telemundo Station Group serves the largest Hispanic television markets in the country including Los Angeles, New York, Miami-Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth, Chicago, San Antonio, San Francisco Bay Area, Phoenix, Harlingen, Orlando, Fresno, Philadelphia, Washington D.C., San Diego, Tampa, Denver, El Paso, Boston, Las Vegas, Tucson, Hartford, Fort Myers, Springfield, Richmond and Puerto Rico. In addition, Telemundo Station Group operates TeleXitos, a national multicast network that offers viewers popular action and adventure television series and feature films in Spanish. The group also provides support to 50 Telemundo affiliates across the country and manages dedicated local websites and applications, as well as a robust digital out-of-home operation.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.