News Technical Ops Specialist
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Key member of the on-air production team at KULX Telemundo with multiple duties.
•Technical Directing live as well as recorded programs, segments, spots, promos and commercials utilizing ROSS Overdrive
•Ability to build splits, boxes, and multi-layered effects on the switcher level
•Ability to perform audio duties and show mixing as needed.
•Ability to perform ingest and signal acquisition duties as needed.
•Ability to perform editing duties as needed.
•Maintain inventory and perform daily housekeeping of all switcher effects and banks.
•Maintain strict station quality standards
•Proactively stay current with production changes, and technology advancements that are designed to improve workflows
•Willingness to help train colleagues.
•Participate in daily editorial meetings.
•Submit Issue Tracker Discrepancy Report as needed.
• In-depth experience with ROSS switchers.
• In-depth knowledge of Avid Newscutter/ Media Composer/Adobe Premiere.
• Fully knowledgeable in all aspects of television production.
• Knowledge of graphics devices such as Xpression.
• Knowledge of video server playback and ingest.
• 3+ Years working in television news.
• Ability to multi-task a must.
• Candidate must be able to work under stress and tight deadlines.
• Ability to react quickly and make decisions.
• Ability to work as a team and interface with all levels to drive our news vision.
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with all levels of management & user community in a positive and professional level.
• A positive and motivated attitude to consistently raise the production standard.
• Willing to work at our Salt Lake City, UT location.
• Unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com
• Bachelor’s degree in Communication.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish)
• Familiarity with ROSS Dashboard.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
About Telemundo Station Group:
Telemundo Station Group, part of the NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations division of NBCUniversal, is comprised of 26 local television stations in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Producing and broadcasting more than 15,000 hours of unique and relevant local content each year, including award-winning news, public affairs, and entertainment programming, Telemundo Station Group serves the largest Hispanic television markets in the country including Los Angeles, New York, Miami-Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth, Chicago, San Antonio, San Francisco Bay Area, Phoenix, Harlingen, Orlando, Fresno, Philadelphia, Washington D.C., San Diego, Tampa, Denver, El Paso, Boston, Las Vegas, Tucson, Hartford, Fort Myers, Springfield, Richmond and Puerto Rico. In addition, Telemundo Station Group operates TeleXitos, a national multicast network that offers viewers popular action and adventure television series and feature films in Spanish. The group also provides support to 50 Telemundo affiliates across the country and manages dedicated local websites and applications, as well as a robust digital out-of-home operation.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.