Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
•Work directly with News Director, Producers, Assignment Editor, Anchors, VJ's and production crews in overall news content production.
•Must be able to work weekends, long hours
•Able to manage assignment desk, to help in the news gathering process
strong writing skills are essential including tease writing, have exceptional editorial skills and the ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television
•Organize a strong, compelling, audience driven rundown and execute the vision of the newscast
•Must always be ready to break in with the latest news or developing stories
•Requires a leader with the know-how to determine the best news stories for the newscast and the ability to delegate duties
•Must possess the ability to come up with strong story ideas, utilize all resources available, be a team player and thrive in a highly competitive news environment
• Must be able to speak, read and write fluently in Spanish and must be able to speak, read and understand English.
• Excellent news judgment, creative ideas and writing skills a must.
• Must have leadership qualities, be detail oriented, organized and able to handle intense deadline pressure.
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in the Salt Lake City, UT area and travel as needed for special assignments.
• Must be willing to work long hours, varying shifts (including nights and weekends) and report to work in emergencies depending upon news coverage when necessary.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have a valid driver’s license, good driving record.
• Take an active role in selecting the stories of the day – come up with story ideas that reporters can turn in one day, create producer driven content to enhance our coverage of the big story and other stories that appear in the newscast.
• Anticipate problems and address them throughout the course of the shift, eliminate all factual/spelling/other errors that appear in the show. If a problem arises, address it immediately. Follow up problems with those involved and a newsroom manager.
• Bring creativity into every aspect of the newscast, use the Telemundo arsenal of tools and equipment to provide the most current information that is geographically diverse and maximizes viewer benefits.
• News judgment with solid ethical decision process.
• High competitive nature.
• Ability to perform under tight time deadlines.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Flexibility in schedule.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
About Telemundo Station Group:
Telemundo Station Group, part of the NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations division of NBCUniversal, is comprised of 26 local television stations in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Producing and broadcasting more than 15,000 hours of unique and relevant local content each year, including award-winning news, public affairs, and entertainment programming, Telemundo Station Group serves the largest Hispanic television markets in the country including Los Angeles, New York, Miami-Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth, Chicago, San Antonio, San Francisco Bay Area, Phoenix, Harlingen, Orlando, Fresno, Philadelphia, Washington D.C., San Diego, Tampa, Denver, El Paso, Boston, Las Vegas, Tucson, Hartford, Fort Myers, Springfield, Richmond and Puerto Rico. In addition, Telemundo Station Group operates TeleXitos, a national multicast network that offers viewers popular action and adventure television series and feature films in Spanish. The group also provides support to 50 Telemundo affiliates across the country and manages dedicated local websites and applications, as well as a robust digital out-of-home operation.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.