Oversight of the scheduling of employees for NBC Sports and NBCSN. Responsibilities:Schedule Studio Operations personnelBuild crewing spreadsheets based on information you will acquire from various schedules Coordinate facilities with staff and freelancer manpowerHiring point person for Studio operations freelancers Inputting of hours worked into ScheduAll system Ensure compliance with all applicable company policies.Work closely with show Directors, Producers and APs to assess production manpower needs Must be an effective trouble shooter, communicator and problem solverBasic Qualifications
- BS/BA degree required in a related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience in studio broadcast operations or related field
- Excellent computer skills with the demonstrated ability to navigate new systems and software
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a team
- Possess a high level of initiative
- Have exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Must be detail and deadline oriented
- Must be extremely organized and prepared
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
- Willingness to accept call and emails after hours
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Experience with ScheduALL scheduling and Timekeeper time entry systems preferred
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude and leadership qualities with the ability to juggle multiple tasks and competing priorities in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to handle sensitive and, at times, difficult situations with confidence and ease
- High level of responsiveness and follow-through
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
Sports & Olympics
NBC Sports is synonymous with superior production that elevates the event, broad promotion, and mutually-beneficial partnerships. Known as America’s Olympic Network, NBC has broadcasted 16 Olympic Games including the 2018 Olympic Winter Games, more than any other network. NBC Olympics is also renowned for its award-winning production including more than 90 Emmy Awards. Its ability to amass large audiences with broad promotion, particularly for the Olympics, has resulted in NBC Sports broadcasting nine of the top 10 most-watched events in U.S. television history, including the 2012 London Olympic Games which stands at No. 1 all time with 217 million viewers. In 2009, NBC Sports won the prestigious Peabody Award for its production of the Beijing Games and was named ‘Best in Sports Television’ at the Sports Business Awards.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.