- Full Time
The managing editor oversees Datadog's content teams, which run the Datadog blog and produce all of the company's videos.
The managing editor:
- Sets the editorial direction and maintains the editorial calendar for all Datadog blog posts and videos
- Ensures that time-sensitive product announcements are created, reviewed, and released on schedule
- Budgets and allocates writing resources to deliver a steady stream of complex, longform technical articles with varying lead times
- Provides direction and feedback on the content, structure, and presentation of all videos for marketing, recruiting, company events, and other uses
- Supervises direct reports including technical content writers, editors, and the manager of the video team
The writing and video teams at Datadog provide three core functions:
- Researching, drafting, editing, and publishing longform educational content about monitoring topics and emerging trends in software development (writing)
- Collaborating with Datadog's product and engineering teams to create timely, compelling feature announcements about the Datadog product (writing + video)
- Supporting Datadog's growth by creating novel marketing and recruiting videos for the Datadog website, trade shows, social media, and other outlets (video)
All of our work is aimed at a knowledgeable, technical, marketing-averse audience of software developers and IT professionals. Therefore, all of our articles and videos must be direct, clear, well-researched, and technically sound.
- Weigh input from leadership in marketing, engineering, and product to determine which topics are most valuable to cover
- Monitor and analyze data about Datadog's website and audience to identify which content types and subjects are most successful and should be prioritized
- Work with Datadog's technical content writers and editors to manage individual workloads, distribute writing assignments, and ensure that deadlines are met
- 5+ years in content marketing, publishing, or journalism
- 2+ years managing a team of writers and editors
- Experience maintaining an editorial calendar with a variety of content types and lead times
- Familiarity with Datadog and/or other monitoring technologies
- Basic knowledge of current trends in cloud infrastructure and software development
- Experience in a content marketing role at a SaaS company or infrastructure technology provider
Datadog is a monitoring service for hybrid cloud applications, assisting organizations in improving agility, increasing efficiency, and providing end-to-end visibility across the application and organization. These capabilities are provided on a SaaS-based data analytics platform that enables Dev, Ops and other teams to accelerate go-to-market efforts, ensure application uptime, and successfully complete digital transformation initiatives.