Account Executive (AE) in Culinary Media
2 days left
- Full Time
Do you love food and chef-driven restaurants? Are you organized, relentlessly persistent, detail-oriented and outgoing? This role may have your name on it. Success as an AE requires one to be proactive, take initiative, balance passion with composure and to collaborate with customers and across departments. You’ll market StarChefs, our advertisers, and their products. Supporting the sales team, the AE will help build, manage, and retain client relationships. You’ll connect culinary professionals to brands by designing, executing and/or overseeing creative digital, social media, and co-branded experiential marketing campaigns. Direct report to Marketing Director & works closely with CEO & Managing Editor.
- Coordinate, execute, track, report, and wrap up the advertising, promotion, and co-branded marketing campaigns for our advertisers (events and digital)
- Create, track, and execute details of sponsor proposals and contracts
- Assist in marketing StarChefs (input into brochures, sell sheets, mailings, etc.)
Required Skills and Personal Characteristics:
- Passion and interest for all things culinary
- Ability to thrive in a small company and non-corporate environment
- Outgoing, high energy, organized, and attentive to details and accuracy
- Strong and effective (written and verbal) communication skills
- Strong social media background (use of Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Experience interpreting web metrics from Google Analytics and others
- Strong computer skills (Google Docs, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Should enjoy building relationships and managing multiple projects
- Willingness to travel (it’s limited: ranges from 4 to 6 times per year)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 to 3+ years of marketing experience a must
- Professional restaurant experience preferred or culinary school background
Don't just send a resume and risk being dismissed as a candidate! Check out our digital magazine, research exactly what we do and tell us why you’re the best candidate for the job. No applicant will be considered without a thoughtful cover letter. StarChefs is a small company (13 employees), so you can make a real impact on the company and campaigns we manage. Our family works hard and plays harder so we’re selective about who’ll join us. Will it be you?
Total Compensation: $45-$60 DOE. Benefits package includes medical, paid vacation, etc.
StarChefs.com™has been serving and moving the restaurant industry forward since 1995. StarChefs original culinary content is driven by in-person tastings and interviews across the world. Its mission is to catalyze culinary professionals’ success and give them the tools they need to succeed. In addition to featuring top chefs, pastry chefs, sommeliers, and mixologists, StarChefs Culinary JobFinder is the leading job board connecting culinary and hospitality professionals to careers in the foodservice industry. StarChefs.com™ features more than 30,000 published pages of original, chef-focused culinary content and has been nominated for Best Site for Food and Nutrition by the James Beard Foundation.