Webmaster/Digital Content Specialist
The Webmaster/Digital Content Specialist manages the copyediting, proofreading, and publishing of festival-related content on the World Science Festival website. This role combines the skills of a traditional copywriter with the technical acumen needed to create and publish pages in wordpress. We are seeking an extremely detail-oriented individual with excellent technical, written, and verbal skills to upload images, copy, and web links. Must be highly organized, and able to manage multiple projects at once while working under tight deadlines.
- Prepare, edit, and publish copy and images on to wordpress, including program and participant copy and imagery, in a timely and efficient manner.
- Work closely with the editorial/production team to stay on top of all programmatic changes and participant add-ons.
- Ensure all uploaded imagery meets resolution standards.
- Edit participant bios to maintain WSF tone and max word count, and upload/resize participant headshots.
- Ensure web best practices are followed.
- Build and edit pages in WordPress.
Qualifications And Special Requirements:
- Strong knowledge and experience working with Wordpress.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills and ability to work cross functionally.
- Ability to meet fast turnaround for daily publication under tight deadlines.
- Deep familiarity with all website content.
- Strong editorial management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, perform in a fast-paced environment & respond quickly to situational needs as they arise.
- Able to work collaboratively with people in different departments.
- Keen understanding of the brand, web writing best practices, and plain language best practices.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics a plus.
- College degree.
How To Apply:Please email resume with a cover letter and salary requirements via the link provided with “Webmaster/Digital Content Specialist” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation. The World Science Foundation is an equal employment opportunity employer.