The Associate Editor will be responsible for project managing titles for our newsstand special issue program from ideation to publication. This includes at least 5 reprints, and upwards of a dozen new titles a year. Best in class candidates will be conscientious self-starters who are avid readers, able to manage multiple deadlines and projects, and possess strong writing/editing skills.
- Directs the editorial production of titles each year.
- Identifies writers, editors and creative teams to execute ideas.
- Helps writers, designers, photo editors, researchers to stay on schedule.
- Works with digital team to make content available online
- Administrative: keeps author and team files for individual books, creates schedules, generates contracts, and requests payments.
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 4 years of experience in publishing.
- Must be competent in use of media software, including Adobe Pro and Microsoft Word, and familiar with Adobe InDesign. Must be able to grow in proficiency and learn new software packages as deemed necessary
- Strong editorial and marketing instincts
- Ability to envision the end product and shape a manuscript to realize its potential
- Possess editorial vision necessary to create a wide range of illustrated titles, including: working with a wide range of authors, guiding manuscript development, directing multiple team members, keeping schedules on time and projects on budget.