Startup Writer (REMOTE OK)
1 day left
- Full Time
Recently named to the Inc. 500 list of America’s fastest-growing private companies, Fit Small Business has more than 1.5 million small business owners and managers reading our content each month. We deliver well-researched, authoritative articles so these owners can make informed decisions to grow businesses that fuel the economy. Our founders have built successful businesses before, and FSB is profitable with no outside funding. Part of the team of 150+ people is in our NYC headquarters, near Grand Central. Others are distributed across the U.S., Canada, and the Philippines.
To deliver the best answers to people's questions.
Your Job in a Nutshell:
We are looking for a writer to be our resident expert on starting and growing businesses. This includes both brick and mortar businesses as well as ones that operate entirely online. You will get to research and write about all things related to starting a business - ideation, business plans, product launch & marketing, business administration (legal, financial, and insurance requirements).
The Startup Writer should have experience either as an entrepreneur or experience helping businesses launch. This could be from the finance, legal, or marketing side of the business. You should also have a great network of sources from either covering or working in the online business world.
Most importantly, you are passionate about writing and want to share your knowledge in written form to teach our eager readership on how to make their small businesses succeed. Writing experience is desired but not required.
If you love getting into the weeds on what works and what doesn’t when starting a business then this is the position for you!
- Researching, writing and editing articles related to starting a business. Topics will include how to start niche businesses, business plans, business ideas, and the administrative requirements of starting a business.
- Analyzing and reviewing software and services for both brick and mortar and online businesses.
- Providing in-depth responses to reader questions.
- You have a minimum of 3+ years of experience launching businesses.
- You are comfortable writing about how to start various types of businesses.
- Experience with at least some of the following: Business ideation, finances, building websites, legal business formation, and accepting customer payments.
- You are high energy, and passionate about helping small businesses succeed.
- You are comfortable working in a startup environment, where things change quickly.
Tools We Use:
Wordpress, Insightly, G Suite, Slack, Trello, Guru,
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary dependent on experience
- Quality health insurance subsidized by FSB
- 401K plan with matching (no waiting period)
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Commuter Benefits
- An open-minded, collaborative workplace, which will both challenge you and celebrate your work
- The opportunity to grow as fast as your skills allow
- A chance to learn with and from interesting and enthusiastic colleagues
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.