Digital Multimedia Journalist - WNBC
Location: New York, New York
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Be a one-person-band who can fully manage the digital news operation on your own, occasionally with limited to no extra resources.Report and write news stories for NBCNewYork.com.Share related content on, and manage operations of, social media platforms.Edit, and produce and create as needed, digital video taken from broadcast and other platforms.Identify buzz-worthy stories of the day and engage your local audience across platforms.Develop best practices and action items from metrics data.Stay on the cutting-edge of trends and innovation, including monitoring direct competitors.Oversee monitoring of mainstream and social media for story ideas and competitive intelligence.Engage with viewers who reach out through social media channels.Coordinate with NBC’s Local Integrated Media lead to ensure best practices.Manage digital communication with
• Minimum 5 years’ experience at a major news organization or blog that creates under tight deadlines.
• Demonstrated knowledge of social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
• Demonstrated knowledge of AP Style writing and guidelines
• Demonstrated knowledge of video editing tools like Adobe Premiere
• Must be willing to work nights (330 p.m.-11:30 p.m. Mon-Fri) in New York City
• Must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed or required
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be willing to work in New York City area
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must have the ability to work any of a 24 x 7 shift
• Must accept Solutions as NBCUniversal’s Alternative Dispute Resolution program
• Knowledge of TV and web writing and video editing
• Experience with Clickability, SocialFlow, Spredfast, CrowdTangle and Urban Airship a plus
• Excellent news instincts with the ability to react decisively to breaking news
• Ability to work on multiple tasks and stories simultaneously with a team player mentality
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.