- Full Time
About Porter & Sail:
We all want to change the world. At Porter & Sail, we think that being away from home should be super easy and truly inspirational. We’re working to make that a reality. With smart technology, we're ensuring that every part of the hotel experience is friction-less and stress free. With Porter & Sail, you can book, upgrade, check-in, chat and plan a whole stay. When stars align, travel brings inspiration, connection, focus, and moments of awe. This is how we travel now.
Who We’re Hiring:
Our team is seeking an Executive Editor to help lead the company’s Content & Marketing team. This is a hands-on position in a small-team environment where innovation, vision, collaboration and quality are rewarded. This post will entail everything from leading Editorial Meetings to writing, editing and mentoring junior staff. You will also be responsible for creating best-in-class content through rigorous processes, on deadline and on budget.
We’re Seeking an Executive Editor Who Has:
- 7-10 years in editorial / content positions, including at a senior level
- Previous management experience, running and growing editorial teams
- Experience in planning editorial and a strong understanding of current SEO strategy to drive user engagement and acquisition
- Premium editorial skills with a keen sense of what content works well across media (online, social, video, photography, audio, etc).
- Experience in lifestyle, luxury and/or travel-related industries
- Confidence in their talent and proactive in identifying and executing solutions and initiatives
- Inherent curiosity, creativity, positivity, high energy and passion
- Proven success with small teams, ideally in a start-up environment; comfort with agility and fast-moving environments
- Entrepreneurial spirit driven by strategic thinking
- Experience in supporting or policing brand voice and integrity
- Analytical skills to identify growth opportunities and measure effectiveness through data
- Robust network of contacts and a deep understanding of tech/content culture
- Excellent project management skills, attention to detail, an ability to multitask
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues across multiple teams, including product and commercial
- A finger on the pulse of industry and culture trends.
What the Perks Include:
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Flexible family / maternity / paternity policy
- Annual travel stipend
- Health, vision and dental
- 401K plan
Why We’re A Great Place To Work:
This is an extraordinary opportunity to take on a senior level role alongside a collaborative, committed and smart team. At Porter & Sail, every role has an impact on the Company vision, direction and outcome. We value innovation and hard work. We are kind, thoughtful and respectful of our colleagues. Our team is diverse and global, committed to a common goal. Join us and expect to learn by doing, be challenged (and supported) by smart people, and become a part of building a great company.
We will review applications on a rolling basis and will aim to contact you about your status within two weeks.