Animator, CNBC Make It
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
CNBC Digital is seeking an exceptional Animator to support the creation of original videos, including short-form documentaries, interviews, and explainers, for our growing video team under the NYC-based Make It brand. CNBC Make It is a fast-growing, consumer-friendly section of CNBC, devoted to aspirational content about entrepreneurship, leadership, careers and money. This role requires an experienced Animator who is passionate about Make It’s unique voice—someone who covers topical news, feature stories and has exceptional editorial skills will be the ideal candidate.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to: Create and edit motion graphic animations for video, graphic and social media assetsWork creatively to produce original and aesthetically pleasing designs and solutionsMust be able to meet tight deadlines and work in a fast paced environmentPossess the ability to problem-solve and understand complex topics and thoughtfully explain them to a mass audience in a visually compelling waySpecial projects as assigned
• Bachelor's degree
• At least 3 years working as a graphic animator
• Expert in the latest Adobe Creative Suite (After Effects, Premiere, Photoshop, and Illustrator) and other graphic software including, but not limited to, Cinema 4D, Maya, 3D Studio Max and Infusion
• Advanced knowledge of animation, graphic design, motion design, typography and illustration
• Ability to decipher and express data in meaningful and visually engaging ways for a mass audience
• Ensure the look and feel of motion graphic animations are consistent with brand and style guidelines
• Detail-oriented with ability to work efficiently in fast paced environment, while meeting tight news deadlines
• Highly collaborative and creative
• Excellent teamwork skills and strong work ethic
• A sample of the candidate's work will be required *please provide links when applying*
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY, and Englewood Cliffs, NJ
• Experience or interest in business journalism or personal finance and investing topics
• Knowledge of financial markets and terminology
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.