Senior Product Manager, Video
- Full Time
PRODUCT SENIOR MANAGER – VIDEO CONTENT
LOCATION: ATLANTA, GEORGIA
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Cox Communications is looking for an experienced Senior Product Manager to join the Video Product team within the Product Management and Development Organization focusing on video content strategy and lifecycle management. This is a critical role that will work closely with the Video Product Director and cross-functional teams managing the strategic opportunities for content partnerships and resolution of product lifecycle issues, driving technology and support solutions, anticipating customer and operational needs, tracking and analyzing product performance, and identifying customer experience opportunities.
A successful candidate should possess strong product lifecycle management, technology, financial, marketing, communication, analytics, organization and project management skills as well as an understanding of the changing communications industry landscape. Performing in this role requires strategic thinking and successful facilitation of cross functional initiatives, and serving as the point person for critical cross-functional product/service launches and issues.
An ability to clearly and effectively communicate, and build collaborative relationships across all functional areas of the company will be vital to the success of the person in this role. Key boundary partners in this role include Content Acquisition, Marketing, Customer Care, Technology, Finance as well as the lead product managers for video.
• Manage the Content Plan of Record for Cox’s linear, VOD, 2nd screen and internet partner services.
• Manage all linear and On Demand content launches and full product lifecycle for primary and second screen, including content access initiatives such as 3rd party app authentications.
• Manage efforts related to optimization of bandwidth including changes in video technology for content delivery.
• Analyze the traditional and emerging multi-video provider offerings to provide insights and recommendations to influence the Cox Video product offerings.
• Analyze customer, business and product performance metrics and interpret underlying drivers to translate into data-based recommendations.
• Leverage consumer insights to deliver best in class video experience.
• Analyze video product trends to identify product and consumer pain points and work with boundary partners and external partners on solutions to resolve.
• Responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely flow of information to boundary partners and their tools, including Marketing, Sales, Customer Operations, Field Services and Training.
• Analyze product operational and performance trends to enable recommendations focused on driving the best customer journeys for each video segment.
• Partner with Marketing to deliver effective planning and forecasting of sales, connect and disconnect activity for Linear and Internet Partner Video Product Offerings.
• BS or BA or related degree strongly desired.
• 7+ years of product management experience in the telecommunications and/or technology industry.
• Proven ability to manage cross-functional teams to fully operationalize new products and processes.
• Strong collaboration, partnering and communication skills.
• Requires the ability to work closely and effectively with Senior level management
• Exceptional analytical and presentation skills.
• Superior organizational and multi-tasking skills.
• Experience with product development and lifecycle disciplines.
• Proficiency in finance, technology, and marketing functions.
• 5+ years demonstrated leadership skills to achieve desired business goals
• Excellent communicator with 5+ years’ experience presenting complex information to senior level executives. Must be able to concisely convey complex issues or ideas in a clear, organized manner both verbally, and in writing and with strong PowerPoint skills.
• 5+ years’ prior experience leading cross functional teams.
• Video product magement experience is a huge plus
• Experience working in a fast-paced, high-pressure, dynamic environment with quickly evolving priorities across a broad range of functional areas.
• Highly self-motivated and results-oriented: can work and operate with latitude using his/her independent judgment, within operational parameters. Takes responsibility and has a sense of urgency to act upon “what needs to be done”, informing and involving his/her manager as needed.
• Must be able to build and maintain good working relationships across cross-functional partners. Facilitates agreement, socializes proposals, and gain commitment from partners to support ideas, strategy and take action.
• Strong time management and prioritization skills with a demonstrated ability to execute against multiple projects and succeed in a fast-paced, results-oriented work environment.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.