Vice President, Ad Operations
- Full Time
Premion, the leading “Over-the-Top” Advertising Solution Platform, seeks an experienced Vice President, Ad Operations to drive and deliver revenue fulfillment goals for our high growth digital video business. The VP of Ad Operations is responsible for advancing the technical aspects of ad ops as well as to ensure best in class (100%) delivery on all of Premion’s digital video advertising campaigns, and to act as a partner to Client Services teams with white-glove excellence. This is a key and strategically important role that leads the overall post-sale execution of services and client experience. You will be responsible for creating and executing operational strategies that align with Premion’s goals, streamlines processes across the operations departments, fosters long-term partnership with internal and external stakeholders, and drives the organization’s financial and customer service goals. The right person for this role possesses strong leadership skills, sets a high standard for client service, thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced collaborative environment, wants an opportunity to make a significant impact and jumps at the opportunity to take on new challenges.
- Lead a team of cross-functional groups (including, but not limited to, ad operations, campaign and yield management) to ensure successful implementation of business strategies that drive exceptional talent and client experience and retention, performance management, budgeting, and forecasting initiatives.
- Manage, train, and lead teams in multiple locations.
- Crafting and implement processes, systems and standard methodologies for ad operations.
- Liaising with corporate IT and internal product team, providing critical feedback for improvements or needed product features to improve operational efficiency and workflow.
- Troubleshoot issues: malfunctioning ad creative materials, click-through URLs, and landing pages, custom executions, under/over-delivery issues, order management and implementation.
- Provide leadership on multiple company initiatives designed to improve processing workflow, cut down on errors, and increase automation to ultimately protect company revenue and margins
- Partner with finance and internal audit to ensure streamlined processes and proper controls.
- Facilitate & run recurring meetings that review status of all campaigns to ensure optimal monetization and execution.
- Collaborate with Accounts Receivable team to close out monthly billing and resolve monthly and ongoing invoicing queries
- 12-15+ years digital advertising experience preferably in publisher side with experience managing Sales and Ad Ops support teams.
- Bachelor’s degree from a top 4-yr university program, MBA a plus.
- Expertise in the online advertising ecosystem; different ad technology stacks and vendors and how they fit into the digital advertising ecosystem.
- Strong knowledge of campaign lifecycle management, ad sales process, trafficking, QA, performance analytics/ reporting.
- Exceptional understanding of ad systems and technologies including FreeWheel, DFP, DBM, Salesforce, Nielsen, comScore, Ad-Juster, MOAT, IAS and all other 3rd party measurement tools.
- Ability to manage high pressure and fast paced environment
- Professional communication skills, both internally and externally. Ability to articulate thoughts and concepts fluidly. Personality to quickly build rapport and build professional relationships.
- Expertly proficient with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; ability to quickly learn and grow new productivity software application tools
- Expertise in training various ad operations disciplines and concepts
Premion, a division of TEGNA, is a first-in-market advertising services platform that offers local and regional advertisers access to premium long-form episodic content through one streamlined solution. Premion is a new division of TEGNA Media. Premion aggregates advertising inventory from more than 80 OTT inventory sources providing a one-stop-shop for regional and local advertisers. Premion has rolled out nationwide with ability to deliver campaigns in single and multiple DMAs, leveraging TEGNA’s sales force of more than 700 across the country, connecting its more than 14,000 local and regional advertising clients.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 49 television stations and two radio stations in 41 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 30 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry’s top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA also delivers innovative and unparalleled solutions for advertisers through TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS). TMS is a one-stop shop that helps businesses thrive through an unmatched suite of services and solutions that reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information