Manager, Internal Communications
- Full Time
- Consult and collaborate with departments and business partners from within the divisions, business units.
- Lead and manage the integrated employee communication editorial calendar to ensure greater consistency and alignment of employee communication activities happening across the company.
- Forecast, plan and manage workload and priorities to ensure high quality service and internal customer satisfaction.
- Establish, manage and ensure usage of company-approved employee communications templates, policies, procedures and guides.
- Craft messages and write communications that are detailed, accurate and concise, and tailored to the author, vehicle and audience.
- Write in a variety of styles and formats.
- Develop engaging, grammatically correct content that reinforces the organization’s brand position, operating plans and employee value proposition.
- In partnership with each business and department, establish agreed upon service levels and key performance metrics for the employee communications team.
- Conduct external research and implement best practices to drive continuous improvement of company-wide employee communication programs, processes and channels.
- Establish and manage ongoing measurement and reporting process to ensure employee communications is delivering greater overall value (ROI) for the organization.
- Develop, mentor and coach members of the employee communications team through direct people management or through influence. Foster a high performance team, ongoing skills and competency development, and career growth opportunities.
- Manage the team’s priorities and workload to ensure high value and healthy balance.
- Establish and optimize a vendor/contractor management process including a company-approved list of external talent who can provide scalable support to meet employee communication needs as they arise.
- At least 5 years of employee communication experience.
- Prior management of employee communication programs, processes, and channels (intranet, print publications, webcast, video, etc.)
- Experience managing company-wide editorial calendars
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills that can effectively engage employees and help them understand and foster the organization’s mission, vision, values, culture, goals and strategies
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and keep numerous projects on track and on budget
- Ability to measure and report on the effectiveness of the employee communication programs and its value to the company’s goals and strategic initiatives.
- Prior experience serving as a mentor or guide for a team required; prior people management experience a plus.
- Degree in journalism, public relations, communications or related field required
- This role reports to a Director or Sr. Manager of Employee Communications.
- Regular interactions with BU and Corporate Department Employee Communication Partners; along with various Cox Automotive, BU and Departmental Leadership teams (as part of the broader employee communication team supporting major enterprise-wide communication initiatives. In addition, this role will interface with several employee communication colleagues from within the other Cox Automotive companies.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.