NBC Universal’s Owned Television station in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, KXAS TV, is looking for a News Reporter. This position is responsible for gathering news information and preparing for presentation on air, on line and for mobile. The ideal candidate is hungry to cover the lead story, to pitch well thought out enterprise content, excels at breaking news and knows how to succeed on deadline. In addition, a reporter at KXAS-TV has the opportunity to work with some of this best photographers and producers in the country, so the ability to collaborate is a must.Basic Qualifications
Additional Job Requirements
- Minimum 5 years television reporting
- Proven track record of strong live reporting skills and strong story telling
- Experience in contributing to web site
- External applicants must submit a resume/CV through gecareers.com to be considered (Note- job #BR).
- Must submit a video of own work to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Fort Worth, TX, just south of DFW airport.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be 18 years or greater
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be able to work long hours and a variety of shifts, when necessary
- Must be able to work early mornings and on weekends
- Must accept Solutions as NBCUniversal’s Alternative Dispute Resolution program
- Bachelor’s Degree
- General assignment reporting skills preferred (Bilingual a plus)
- Ability to enterprise stories
- Experience with digital editing and photography a plus
- Excellent writing skills.
- Must be able to ad-lib effortlessly in various types of situations, particularly breaking news
- Must be able to handle intense deadline pressure
- Experience of working simultaneous on a web product
- Strong knowledge of social networking in regards to content gathering and distribution
- Work in a team environment
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.