- Full Time
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated team player to join our Photo team here at the New York Post. This is a great opportunity to join an iconic media brand and a training opportunity for individuals wanting to build a career as a photo editor. The Photo Assistant will play a key role in the Managing Editor’s daily agenda and provide seamless administrative support for the photo department.
- Manage the Editor’s & Department calendar, screening calls, organize and coordinate meetings, arrange travel/car service when necessary and handle expenses.
- Provide seamless coordination between freelance photographers, photo editors and the accounting department.
- Occasional photo research duties.
- Responsible for the department’s invoices, record keeping of monthly photo. Track usage of photos from agencies and royalties.
- Request photos from PR contacts weekly for different sections/columns.
- Register photographers for fashion week and help editors with any photo research. or bookings for models, photographers, etc.
- Keep track of photo department’s vacation requests and weekly time sheets.
- Manage and update the photo department’s files and contact sheets.
- Degree in Photography or Journalism a plus.
- Journalism/Newsroom/Photo experience (internships included) at a compatible publication a plus.
- First class attention to detail required.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must be able to problem solve occasional issues to a speedy and successful conclusion.
- Ability to work independently but also a great collaborator and a team player.
- Proven track record to manage multiple tasks and ongoing projects in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail and follow-ups.
- The ability to work some holidays.
We are an EOE.