Digital Content Manager
6 days left
- Full Time
Founded in 1984 and based in Washington, DC, Island Press’ mission is to provide the best ideas and information to those seeking to understand and protect the environment and create solutions to its complex problems. We elevate voices of change, shine a spotlight on crucial issues, and focus attention on sustainable solutions. As the nation’s foremost not-for-profit publisher of environmental books and other materials, we grow the awareness of and present science-based solutions to the critical challenges of our times to the natural world, to the built environment, and to the health and well-being of all.
As a key member of our creative Sales and Marketing team, your primary role will be to use your talents to ensure our digital content is impactful and demonstrates our unique position as an environmental media leader. Your passion for the environment and entrepreneurial spirit will be an integral part of our mission to educate and enable online audiences to create a more sustainable and healthy world for all.
- Write social media posts, action emails, newsfeed blogs, and web copy for a diverse range of audiences to mobilize support of environmental issues.
- Explore opportunities to repurpose books and other content through video, podcasts, educational tools, and use in new educational platforms.
- Oversee community management and enhance connections with online audiences.
- Manage various website, social media, and online delivery platforms.
- Analyze performance data and use results to inform content strategies and enhance marketing and selling activities.
- Background in online communications, with an understanding of and/or hands-on experience in web technologies, especially around knowledge-based products.
- Demonstrated ability to develop web and other digital content to engage and expand diverse audiences.
- Proficiency with Drupal or other CMS. Ability to learn and evaluate new or existing platforms and products.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects with a strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to engage multiple stakeholders to achieve common goals and promote a cohesive strategy.
- Ability to commute daily to the Washington, DC headquarters.
- Understand and value racial equity as an organizational operating principle and commits to continued learning on issues related to race, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
Island Press is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to promoting a workplace as diverse as the environment it is committed to protecting. We encourage applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, political association, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply, send cover letter and résumé.
Apply for Digital Content Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly