- Full Time
US Assistant Editor
We’re looking for an ambitious trends-focused reporter, researcher and presenter to join our US Editorial team. This is an exciting opportunity for a self-starter who is passionate about exploring a broad spectrum of trends – from digital culture, product design and retail to consumer attitudes, fashion, food and hospitality – and capable of presenting and discussing our insights with high-level clients.
Strong journalistic skills are essential, as you will track trend developments across multiple industries through desk research, interviewing industry experts and attending high-profile events, producing blog posts and long-form reports. You will also bring your own fresh ideas and cultural smarts to the table. The commercial side of the role involves joining select meetings with our client services and sales teams and presenting at events; it also requires some domestic travel.
This role supports our editorial department in NYC, which feeds into Stylus’ London-based content team, focused on identifying and connecting global trends across 20 industries for brands and marketing agencies.
Our ideal candidate:
- Has 3-5 years+ experience within publishing, trend forecasting or consumer insights
- Has an inquisitive mind and is tapped into the zeitgeist, with an in-depth knowledge of cultural, social and technological change
- Is a whiz at generating ideas and writing clear, engaging , accurate copy; visual skills a plus
- Is detail-oriented but can also bring creative, analytical thinking to writing and research
- Can juggle deadlines across both short and long-form content, and efficiently manage their time
- Has experience with public speaking and liaising with clients, and has excellent verbal communication skills
- Is willing to travel periodically
- CMS experience is a plus
To apply, please send your resume, three writing samples and a paragraph each on your insights into an influence or direction that you think is currently shaping the technology landscape and shaping consumer attitudes.