Variety: Art Director
7 days left
- Full Time
Variety: Art Director
Variety is seeking a passionate and collaborative Art Director who will help define and produce our weekly magazine. The ideal candidate will work alongside our Editorial team to translate complex stories and ideas into amazing and award-winning designs. This role is based in our Los Angeles office.
- Design key features and news sections, often under tight deadlines
- Commission and art direct original illustrations and photography
- Negotiate fees, manage contracts and paperwork for assignments made
- Produce graphics and data visualizations
- Contribute to critiques and offer constructive feedback in a collaborative environment
- Color correct and prepare artwork for publication
- Conduct daily meetings with the Creative Director to schedule the team's plan each day
- Send out weekly emails with team assignments
- Manage individual team members' workloads
- Work closely with the team on overall aesthetics
- Recruit freelance talent as needed
- Ability to illustrate abstract concepts is a plus
- A strong passion for typography is essential
- A solid knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator is required
Recognized and respected throughout the world as the definitive voice of the entertainment industry, Variety has been the premier source of entertainment news for over a century. Since 1905, the most influential leaders and decision makers in entertainment have turned to Variety for timely, credible and straightforward news, analysis and perspective — taking our readers behind the cameras, curtains and screens of film, television, theatre and digital media with our unique, award-winning combination of breaking news reporting, insightful deep dive think pieces and engaging, must-read feature spotlights. Variety’s commitment to our community- covering its successes and failures in equal measure- is unparalleled both domestically, in our US entertainment capitals, and abroad, across the rapidly changing international entertainment landscape.
About the Company:
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 180 million and empowers more than 1 million global CEOs and business thought-leaders in markets that impact the world. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate today’s fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected, and inspired. To learn more about PMC and its iconic brands, visit www.pmc.com.