Manager, Events Programming (Marketing)
- Full Time
The ANA (Association of National Advertisers) makes a difference for individuals, brands, and the industry by driving growth, advancing the interests of marketers and promoting and protecting the well-being of the marketing community. Founded in 1910, the ANA provides leadership that advances marketing excellence and shapes the future of the industry. The ANA’s membership includes more than 1,700 companies with 25,000 brands that engage almost 100,000 industry professionals and collectively spend or support more than $400 billion in marketing and advertising annually. The membership is comprised of more than 1,000 client-side marketers and more than 700 marketing solutions providers, which include leading marketing data science and technology suppliers, ad agencies, law firms, consultants, and vendors. Further enriching the ecosystem is the work of the nonprofit ANA Educational Foundation (AEF), which has the mission of enhancing the understanding of advertising and marketing within the academic and marketing communities.
New York, NY
The main responsibility of the Manager, Events Programming (Marketing) is the identification of speakers for ANA events. The ideal candidate should be familiar with the advertising and marketing industry and can identify the speakers, innovative topics and trends. This Manager, Events Programming (Marketing) role is dedicated to curating speakers for ANA events and is NOT a meeting planning/event logistics position.
Responsibilities include identifying, recruiting, and managing speakers; composing agendas; assisting with the development of event marketing communications and thought leadership opportunities.
The Manager, Events Programming (Marketing) position is on the Brand & Media content team that programs events such as committee meeting, national industry conferences, and webinars. The team annually manages approximately 80-85 committee meetings, 7 national industry conferences, 30 ANA 1-Day Conferences, and 75-80 webinars. ANA events help advance the marketing knowledge of ANA members, provide a forum for sharing best practices, peer-to-peer networking, and benchmarking, plus the ability to learn about new industry developments. Increasingly, they also provide a “voice” for marketers to advocate on behalf of industry issues.
- Identifying, inviting and confirming appropriate speakers for conferences;
- Writing marketing copy for promotional conference brochures and other mailing pieces
- Conducting ongoing research within an assigned area to further your industry knowledge and develop potential new conference ideas;
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with key professionals, industry leaders, senior executives and media within relevant vertical markets;
- Servicing customers in a professional, service-oriented manner during execution of daily work and onsite at conferences;
- Attending and overseeing conferences, including providing an opening introduction, speaker assistance, and support;
- Providing the sponsorship department with strategic information on potential sponsorship opportunities. Providing ongoing support to sponsorship as required
- Working with and supporting a cross-functional team on an ongoing basis to ensure successful marketing and sponsorship of conferences.
- Researches identify and recruits senior-level speakers for events
- Conducts research to uncover innovative topics for events
- Attends and hosts events, including the introduction of speakers and providing any other assistance on site as needed
- Services members in a professional, service-oriented manner during execution of daily work and onsite at events
- Works with and supports a cross-functional team (logistics, marketing, and sponsorship) on an ongoing basis to ensure successful events
Specific Responsibilities Includes:
- Co-manage approximately 4-5 committees from ANA’s overall portfolio of 35 committees. Each ANA committee focuses on a specific topic. Members come for learning, networking, and to work on industry issues. Committees typically meet quarterly so there would be about 16-20 committee meetings to manage in a year. Committee meetings are intimate forums for learning and discussion and typically have between 15-40 attendees. ANA committees meet in New York, Chicago, Atlanta, and the West Coast. More at http://www.ana.net/committees.
- Manage approximately 3-5 members-only conferences a year from ANA’s overall portfolio of approximately 55 events. Members only conferences are held all over the country and are usually hosted at an ANA member company. Attendance at members-only conferences usually ranges from between 100-200. More at http://www.ana.net/events.
- Support the programming and marketing of 2-3 national industry conferences. Such conferences are usually tied to committees. For example, there is the Multicultural Marketing & Diversity Conference as well as the Multicultural Marketing & Diversity Committee. Therefore, the Manager, Events Programming (Marketing) position would also be responsible for managing the Multicultural Marketing & Diversity Conference. National industry conferences are open to members and non-members and registration fees apply.
- Assist in the development of ANA white papers and industry leadership initiatives – help identify topics, research issues, etc. One of these industry leadership initiatives is the ANA Multicultural Excellence Awards, which celebrate the year’s best multicultural advertising campaigns. This position would have responsibility for driving entries and sharing learning from the winners.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- 2-4 years Agency, client-side marketing or other relevant experience); experience at a multicultural marketing, agency and/or media company would be beneficial
- Existing knowledge of topical areas, e.g., multicultural marketing, integrated marketing, brand management, data/insights
- Passion for the industry
- Attention to detail while handling multiple priorities with excellent time management skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills;
- Strong sense of personal ownership of responsibilities in a results-oriented environment
- Ability to multitask and the ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Excellent networking and information gathering abilities;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with and relate to all levels both within and outside the organization; with a focus customer service
- Superior oral and written communications skills;
- Time and priority management skills necessary to complete work within established timeframes;
- Excellent organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities;
- Deadline and results oriented;
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and as part of a team;
Our competitive compensation package includes the following benefits, incentives, and perks:
Comprehensive health and wellness benefits, 401k match, flexible scheduling, generous Paid Time Off program, designated work from home days, summer Fridays, casual dress code, incentives and rewards
Some domestic travel (10-15%) required.
Reports to Director.
This role essentially offers a PhD in marketing, providing the opportunity to learn about the multiple facets of advertising, media, and marketing from some of the best and brightest minds in the business.
If your skills, experience, and enthusiasm align with this position's requirements and responsibilities, please forward a cover letter with salary requirements and a resume. Only applicants with salary requirements will be considered.
Apply for Manager, Events Programming (Marketing)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly