- Full Time
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom
company in America, and we proudly serve six million homes and businesses
across 18 states. At Cox, we are committed to creating meaningful moments of
human connection, not only with our products and services, but also with our
career opportunities. Come connect with us, and lets build a better future
About the Job
The Product Operations Manager –
Managed Services will be responsible for the launch and life-cycle support of Cox
Business Services. In this role the Program Manager will focus on life cycle
management for existing products and support the development of new products
and services in the Cox Business Managed Services product set. Candidates for this position must have demonstrated
expertise around technology/services, product development lifecycle, and
operationalization of products especially in the network security, managed
services, or managed application space.
Performing this role involves leading the successful implementation of
new products/services, and subsequent product/service enhancements across Cox systems,
in accordance with the existing product development and product launch
methodology. This includes, participating in the development of business
requirements, installation and troubleshooting documentation for new products
introduced on the network, and managing market deployment and launch activities. This role is also responsible for product
life-cycle activities including the facilitation of cross functional process
improvement initiatives, and serving as the Cox Business point of contact for
critical cross-functional product/service issues.
- Perform day to day interaction with Product Development and Product Management on products, enhancements and initiatives being developed and launched.
- Facilitate and document Service Delivery Process mapping (Acquisition, Fulfillment, and Service & Revenue Assurance) for assigned products.
- Development of operational requirements and operational M&Ps (i.e. Tier I/II support, installation and field services) for new products introduced on the network.
- Assist with the development of 3rd party vendor requirements for new products.
- Manage any external third-party relationships necessary to deliver the product offerings.
- Execute market launch activities for the implementation of products, enhancements and resolution of cross-functional operational support issues.
- Conduct regular local market status meetings to review local market status against proposed launch activities; communicate major market launch milestones and identify and mitigate potential launch risks.
- Develop, implement and maintain initial and ongoing operating practices, performance metrics and processes required to lead product life-cycle management.
- Analyze, maintain and revise existing practices and processes to drive operational efficiencies. Drive continuous improvement through use of six sigma tools and measurements.
- Facilitate ad hoc analyses and product/project post mortems in order to gauge best practices.
- Takes responsibility, including performing UAT for changes to applications software and systems environments supporting Cox Business products, to ensure that these changes to the environment have been properly tested and adequately coordinated.
- Reinforce escalation and service level agreement procedures with internal and external issue resolution teams.
- Ability to facilitate and work with large cross functional teams in a matrix organization.
- Monitors product Life Cycle Management (LCM) through customer call rates, truck roll rates, trouble ticket rates, and mean time to repair (MTTR). Ability to take raw data and formulate analysis and define a recommended path for improvement.
- 8 or mores of experience required in related field (i.e. Managed Services, Cloud Services, SDWAN) 5+ years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree.
- Requires strong knowledge of MS Visio, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Project
- Excellent presentation, collaboration, thought leadership and problem solving skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
- Experience with networking fundamentals, networking protocols and network routing.
- Strong presentation and communications skills a must, including experience tailoring and presenting communications and recommendations across organizational management levels.
- Experience managing numerous projects/initiatives simultaneously in a matrix organization required
- BS/BA degree
in related discipline strongly preferred (i.e. Engineering, Computer Science,
- 2+ years of
experience in a management role or leading cross functional projects preferred
in the product operations of managed networking services
knowledge of MS Access, OBIEE, SAS
certification in CCNA, CCNP, CISSP, NNP
consulting experience with a leading consulting firm or Sales Engineering
- Knowledge of SDWAN, LTE, Type2, and DOCSIS 3.1 a strong
knowledge of IT services market specific to Web-based services and Web-based
hardware including network and server-based technologies.
of service delivery and business processes at a Multiple System Operator (MSO)
knowledge and experience working with hosting services and related subscription-based
infrastructure and managed software services providers
- Lean Six Sigma Certification a plus
About Cox CommunicationsCox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.