- Full Time
KETV has an opening for a Production Assistant to run teleprompter. We are looking for an energetic team player who is able to work all hours scheduled including early mornings, weekends and holidays. This person will be responsible for operating teleprompter during live broadcasts and recorded post-production sessions. Must have good technical aptitude and good communication skills. Responsibilities include floor directing, assisting the news department, and other duties as assigned. Training will be provided. This is an ideal learning experience for someone interested in a career in broadcasting.
- Set up teleprompter equipment for air.
- Operation of Lighting board.
- Operation of teleprompter on air.
- Video cueing during newscasts.
- Maintain professional appearance of studio/sets.
- Floor Directing during newscast.
- Assist the directors as needed.
- Working knowledge of television newscast equipment and software required.
- Videography experience helpful.
- Related military experience will be considered
- Must have a good attitude, be willing to learn, and be a team player.
- Must be able to problem solve quickly and work well under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail a must.
- Ability to work a varied schedule including about 12-18 hours per week.
- No post high school education required, but class work in broadcast production preferred.
- High School Diploma; completion of college level technical & editing classes a plus.
Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.