Part Time Features Editorial Assistant
- Part Time
The New York Post is looking for a Part-Time Features Editorial Assistant in its fast-paced Features department!
The job duties will include:
- Administrative support for the features department, include processing weekly invoices, note-taking at pitch meetings, logging department vacation days, scheduling and attending team meetings and liaising with other departments such as Human Resources, IT and Accounts Payable.
- Overseeing Trello board of department assignments and updating events calendar.
- Assisting on photo-shoots and building web stories and print content for the web, as needed.
- Researching and assisting senior reporters and editors with features stories as time allows.
- Pitching, reporting and writing for the features section of the paper and website, when time allows.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A college degree, preferably in journalism.
- At least one year of work/internship experience at a magazine and/or newspaper, where you have combined administrative duties with writing, researching and reporting.
- A comfort level with company systems, including liaising with other departments such as Human Resources, IT, Messenger Services, etc.
- A passion for entertainment and/or NYC culture, demonstrated by summer jobs or freelance assignments taken on while at school or writing for a college publication.
- Familiarity with WordPress and Photoshop.
- Familiarity with social media and how news organizations use it.
- A willingness to work hard, be proactive and multi-task in a deadline-driven environment.
- Well-organized and the ability to handle an array of administrative duties and support a large department with a heavy workload.