What You Will Be Working On
We’re looking for a UI/Visual Designer that will be responsible for owning the visual design all our digital platforms (Desktop Web, Mobile Web, Mobile App and OTT) and partner with UX Designers, Product managers and other team members to design effective end-to-end customer experiences.
Our products touch the lives of millions of users, supported by a strong team of engineers, editors, meteorologists and many more.
You will report to the Manager of UX Design and your role will require you to collaborate with different areas of the division to improve our existing products and launch new ones. Your responsibilities will include: Design the next generation of product features for apps, mobile web, desktop and emerging platforms, focusing on delivering the best and most relevant information for our audience. Excellent eye for typography, hierarchy, color theory and use of white space Work with UX counterparts to translate wireframes and user flows into clean, modern visuals and interfacesDevelop and evolve a scalable design system to be used across platforms.Create guidelines and governance documentation that advises on best practices and maintains consistencyCreate digital graphical assets including logos, icons and imagery for multiple local television stations.Comfortable interpreting ideas conveyed by UX partners without taking being too literal on the ideas that wireframes indicate.Understand customer goals, business requirements, technical constraints, and be able to work within project parameters.Embrace and apply design thinking principles with agile methodsDevelop original design concepts and manage the project through execution.Capable of designing multiple creative solutions in a hands-on manner – and, then, able to objectively filter and evolve the best ideas.
Skilled at presenting objectives, design approaches, and creative solutions to stakeholders in an articulate and persuasive manner. Respond and complete a number of production tickets on a daily basis.Who We Are
Our Product and Design team oversees the strategy, ideation, design, plan and execution of all digital products and features created for our users; meeting them wherever they are regardless of their platform of choice: web, mobile apps, OTT, smart speakers and any other emerging technology we can get our hands on!
We are passionate about design and always curious about new technologies and the possibilities that they unlock for the future of media. We like tinkering and experimenting and we’re not afraid to fail as long as we are always learning. Product Experience
- Show us what you got! The ideal candidate would have launched products in the space, from ideation all the way to production.
- Bachelor’s degree in Web/Mob design or equivalent working experience
- Minimum 3+ three years proved producing visual design.
- Efficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Principle and other prototyping software
- Comfortable with inspect element
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills
- Proven experience of graphic design production from medium to moderate complexity
- Ability to adapt quickly and creatively to any situation
- Proven record of working under moderate supervision
- Able to articulate design solutions to development resources
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered. Please include your online portfolio work samples and resume.
- You’re passionate about media and how it impacts the daily lives of people.
- You’re interested curious about how people consume and interact with content. You also want to challenge the status quo and influence the future of the media landscape.
- When you say “user first” you mean it, and you can back up your claims by showing your approach on previously launched products.
- You have led product initiatives where you have collaborated with different groups in order to achieve the defined goals and a successful product launch.
- Effective written and oral communication skills that allow you to have everyone always on the same page about where your product stands.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States (if applicable)
- Must be 18 years or older
- Experience in the digital media landscape
- Detail oriented and self-starter personality
- Versed in Agile product management methodology and tools
- Proven history of managing multiple product efforts simultaneously.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.