The Technical Logistics Assistant is responsible for supporting logistical functions related to the daily operation of NBC Sports Group, Stamford, CT headquarters. The employee must be available to work nights, weekends, or holidays as event and/or project schedules dictate.Responsibilities:Warehousing logistics and facility material handling, picking, packing and shipping, moving equipment pallets, boxesAsset tracking and Inventory controlAssist with pulling and staging technical and non-technical equipment and production supply ordersAssist with shipping and receiving mail, packages and freightAssist with inventorying by working on PC and scanning technical equipmentAssist with security screening goodsAssist with receiving supplies and tracking purchase ordersPhysically demanding position must be able to lift at least 50 poundsSupport all customers with a high level of service and supportAdditional responsibilities include breaking down boxes, trash removal, and assist with general housekeepingBasic Qualifications:
- College Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience as a utility, gaffer, grip, production assistant or related
- Knowledge of television equipment preferred
- Basic knowledge of broadcast or production logistics or related preferred
- Must be computer proficient in Microsoft Windows
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Possess a high level of initiative, strong customer service skills and interpersonal skills
- Must be a team player
- Must be detail and deadline oriented
- Must have a strong work ethic
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
Sports & Olympics
NBC Sports is synonymous with superior production that elevates the event, broad promotion, and mutually-beneficial partnerships. Known as America’s Olympic Network, NBC has broadcasted 16 Olympic Games including the 2018 Olympic Winter Games, more than any other network. NBC Olympics is also renowned for its award-winning production including more than 90 Emmy Awards. Its ability to amass large audiences with broad promotion, particularly for the Olympics, has resulted in NBC Sports broadcasting nine of the top 10 most-watched events in U.S. television history, including the 2012 London Olympic Games which stands at No. 1 all time with 217 million viewers. In 2009, NBC Sports won the prestigious Peabody Award for its production of the Beijing Games and was named ‘Best in Sports Television’ at the Sports Business Awards.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.