The Senior Account Executive will be responsible for selling and maintaining major-level sponsorships and multi-platform campaigns to larger businesses in the Mid-Atlantic region for NBC Sports Washington. This will be achieved by uncovering marketing challenges and creating custom campaigns that include TV, digital, social, podcast, in-game sponsorships and merchandising. Senior Account Executive will achieve their budget based on new business development and growing current client base. The performance of a Senior Account Executive will be evaluated on their ability to achieve these revenue goals and represent the network in a professional manner. Responsibilities:
Prospect and approach potential clients through new leads, cold calls, networking events and other means to secure new business appointments.Maintain excellent relationships with existing clients and ensure campaigns are achieving goals in order to renew and grow the business.Provide input and strategy to sales team to drive new category or business growthRepresent the network with senior-level executives and various industry eventsUtilize research and other tools or resources to best position and constructively negotiate media sponsorship value.Understand all facets of the NBC Sports Washington sales and content portfolio including but not limited to linear, digital, social, branded content, podcasts and events.Provide necessary reports on sales activity and pending business to management as needed.Oversee all facets of the campaign for their clients including order entry, account maintenance and collections.Host clients at games and event days, including nights and some weekends.Meet and exceed defined service standards of excellence.Perform all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.Basic Qualifications:
- BA/BS in Business, Marketing, or Communications preferred.
- Proven track record of revenue generation
- Minimum 5+ years sales experience, preferably in a sports/media or advertising environment.
- Effective telephone, computer and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel regionally, attend games and networking events as required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays on occasion.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience selling in the digital space
- Knowledge of Washington, DC sports landscape
- Knowledge of SalesForce and Wide Orbit.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.