Digital Content Producer
- Full Time
- Strong copy writer and editor
- Exceptional spelling and grammar required
- Strong knowledge and experience using social media as a communication and networking tool. (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram focus)
- Works well in a team environment and independently
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving
- Ability to juggle competing priorities
- Experience with content management systems and digital metrics tools
- Report, write, edit and produce text and video content
- Prepares and posts content to the station’s digital platforms
- Track the usage of content by consumers and make data-driven decisions about future execution
- Assist with creation and execution of social media strategy
- UX-focused content creation
- Develop innovative and creative ideas for digital media channels
- Work collaboratively with other departments and work groups
- Flexibility a must
- 2 years combined professional experience in web/social media, print or broadcast journalism preferred
- Strong writing background with knowledge of Associated Press style
- Working knowledge of online content management systems (CMS's)
- Basic HTML preferred
- Proven track record of successful engagement with brand audiences on social media
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Experience with non-linear video editing
- Must be able to meet deadlines
- Technically savvy with high understanding and use of digital products.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Must demonstrate openness and capacity to learn new skills and adopt new ways of doing things.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.