Business Development Associate - Small Business Publication
- Full Time
Your role in a nutshell:
We're looking for someone to join our fast growing team to help prospect, manage, and grow relationships with the companies that small businesses use everyday.The Business Development Associate will be responsible for managing projects and communications with existing partners featured in our Finance/Accounting/Real Estate Investing content. While you don't need to have a finance background, an interest in learning about small business finance is a huge plus.
This position includes:
- Prospecting, managing, and growing marketing relationships.
- Plan and coordinate new product roll-outs across Fit Small Business content.
- Preparation of partner proposals including annual projections, etc.
- Preparation of performance reports for partners.
To deliver the best answers to people's questions.
Recently named to the Inc. 500 list of America’s fastest-growing private companies, Fit Small Business has more than 3 million small business owners and managers reading our content each month. We deliver well-researched, authoritative articles so these owners can make informed decisions to grow businesses that fuel the economy. Our founders have built successful businesses before, and FSB is profitable with no outside funding. Part of the team of 150+ people is in our NYC headquarters, near Grand Central. Others are distributed across the U.S., Canada, and the Philippines.
Qualifications for Success:
- 1-3 years professional experience in related field.
- Experience in finance, banking, or financial account management is a plus!
- Bachelor’s degree is also a plus but strong related experience will be considered in lieu.
- Strong interest in small businesses, startups, and finance in general.
- Strong interest and/or track record in client support, and/or business development roles like account management.
- Someone with a project manager mindset with the ability to see things to the finish line, including prioritizing tasks, logistics, and deliverables with a meticulous level of attention to detail.
- Comfortable with spreadsheets and CRM software, or confident to learn them quickly.
- Someone who is flexible, able to grow and change, and agile in working across an organization and its clients with strong communication skills.
Does this sound like you?
- Do you have a background in account management, client relationships, and customer success?
- Are you detail oriented?
- Are you as comfortable analyzing spreadsheets as you are jumping on partner calls?
- Do you enjoy working cross-functionally with technical, and marketing teams to move projects to completion?
- Do you enjoy a startup atmosphere where you have the ability to own things but have the support of an incredible team and company leadership?
Then this is the position for you!
Tools We Use:
Insightly, G Suite, Slack, Trello, Wordpress, Guru,
*It's OK if you have not used these, just be excited to learn them.
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary dependent on experience
- Quality health insurance subsidized by FSB
- 401K plan with matching (no waiting period)
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Commuter Benefits
- An open-minded, collaborative workplace, which will both challenge you and celebrate your work
- The opportunity to grow
- A chance to learn with and from interesting and enthusiastic colleagues
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.