Multimedia Fellowship Opportunity
Capital & Main, an award-winning nonprofit investigative news publication based in Los Angeles, is seeking applicants with a background in multimedia for a new Media Fellowship program. This part-time fellowship will be based in Los Angeles at Capital & Main’s Echo Park office, and will offer an opportunity for both training and hands-on experience in the production of multimedia news content.
Under the supervision of our multimedia director, the multimedia fellow will take on a range of projects, including:
- Video pre-production, shooting, editing and distribution
- Graphics and infographics
- Multi-platform social media content
- Digital marketing
- Photography curation
- Coordination with other visual artists
- Web development (Wordpress)
Skills and experience:
- Strong knowledge of leading social media platforms (FB, IG, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Twitter, Youtube, etc.) and viral content as well as knowledge of emerging trends and technologies.
- Experience with Wordpress (not blogging), and an interest in building Wordpress skills quickly.
- Adobe creative suite expertise is a plus.
The multimedia fellow will be integrated into Capital & Main’s editorial team, providing experience with the larger editorial process of our online news publication.
Pay for this position will be competitive. Women and people of color strongly encouraged to apply.
Please send resume via the link provided.