Director, Insights & Measurement
Location: New York, New York
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
NBCUniversal is looking for a Director of Data & Reporting within the Insights & Measurement team whose focus will be developing and implementing new data solutions and analytics tools in support of the broader I&M team and ad sales organization. You will be a critical player within the I&M group and lead a data-focused team that will contribute to the short and long-term analytics strategies and data capabilities prioritized to support NBCU ad sales in driving revenue across the portfolio. This involves meeting the demands of a rapidly changing marketplace, enabling efficient data access and insight generation, and developing new data-driven tools to support a diverse portfolio of media brands, ad products and platforms.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
A solutions-oriented drive and determination to solve stakeholder problems and reach strategic objectivesAbility to lead a small team that will support multiple stakeholders and objectives simultaneouslyA collaborative mindset to navigate a complex matrix organization and interface with a variety of different teams (IT, product, research, sales, marketing, etc.) to align objectives, project manage initiatives and drive executionAbility to assess and leverage a broad spectrum of data sources and analytic tools to support objectivesSupport a data-driven culture, educating the organization on everyday use of data as a resourceKeep abreast of the rapidly-evolving technologies and analytical methods in TV, digital and social spaces with a thorough understanding of the media and advertising ecosystem and its key playersAnd most importantly, to live the values of collaboration and teamwork, operating as One Team across NBCU Insights & Measurement
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM THIS ROLE:
Exposure to a diverse and interesting set of objectives, initiatives and projectsOpportunity to contribute to a team playing a critical role in delivering on strategic goals for NBCU ad sales and have a significant impact on a multi-billion dollar businessExpand your knowledge base and expertise around the data landscape, big data practices, data staging, automation, analytic tool development, and a broad set of data sources across platformsGain experience partnering with internal stakeholders and building relationships across a diverse set of teams. Work with smart people and industry experts: collaborate with NBCU experts across many different teams including vertical go-to-market teams, product teams, IT teams, etc.Achieve career & professional growth: Access resources to develop your career and professional management skillsWork alongside a high-performing Insights & Measurement team: You’ll be joining a supportive team that is highly motivated and proud of what they do
• BA /BS degree required; advanced degree a plus
• 7+ years professional experience in data/analytics roles, ideally at media/advertising/ad tech/data companies.
• Strong analytical skills with a proficiency in statistics, a broad spectrum of research methodologies, and exploratory data analyses and tools. Working knowledge of statistical software tools (SPSS, R, SAS, etc.) and/or data mining querying (SQL) preferred.
• Experience developing tools/visualizations that surface insights and enable us to answer strategic questions and “tell a story” with data
• Cross-platform analytic experience a plus. Understanding of digital data sources, digital media/ad metrics and digital ad landscape strongly preferred (Nielsen, comScore, Adobe, Freewheel, Social platforms, etc.)
• Proficiency with front-end analytics and visualization platforms (Tableau, Domo, etc.)
• Understanding of data structures, APIs, and database development; familiarity with both deterministic and probabilistic data types
• Experience with traditional TV measurement tools (Nielsen Media Research) and metrics and a thorough understanding of media math a plus
• Familiarity with set-top-box data and/or SmartTV data (e.g. comScore TV, Vizio, etc.) a plus.
• Familiarity with ad operations and how ads are delivered and measured within and across media platforms. Solid understanding of the advertising landscape in terms of how data is leveraged and linked within and across platforms for both targeting and measurement purposes
• A passion for data, technology and the media landscape
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IS:
Analytical and intellectually curious, energized by “figuring things out”, solving problems and generating answers to complex questions. Adaptable, collaborative and willing to explore options and approaches to reach an objective. You should have a solid understanding of the media advertising business and landscape, experience with data sources across platforms (TV, digital, social, etc.) and a facility with a broad set of data types.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.